Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems weird we are so full in for him if he is that set on Spurs bench

If he is can still be standing upright on a pavement after being passed by a family sized hatchback he would definitely be starting before Harry Winks.

Last edited:

The first thing that talks is money and if two teams were offering a player the same, would it not be wise to try and convince him to join?

we have convinced koeman , who clearly didn’t fancy us, by giving him money and then when he got here he couldn’t be arsed.I’m not saying you don’t negotiate and compete with other teams but convincing people with money is dangerous. That’s how you end up overpaying and I think we can all agree that we have done plenty of that over the last three years

I was responding to a post about him 'staying' in London. He won't live in London now I don't think, it'd be a 4 hour round trip to training every day. If he lives in London now he could live in London and play for us, it'd be a minimal difference. That will have absolutely nothing to do with it though. He'll want to go to Spurs because they've finished above us in 9 of the last 10 seasons, and play regularly in the Champions League, including getting to the final last season. In all seriousness, the only reason for a Danish footballer to want to move to us over Spurs would be for the money. For purely footballing reasons it's a no brainer.
Peter Crouch lived in London when he played down on the south coast.

we have convinced koeman , who clearly didn’t fancy us, by giving him money and then when he got here he couldn’t be arsed.I’m not saying you don’t negotiate and compete with other teams but convincing people with money is dangerous. That’s how you end up overpaying and I think we can all agree that we have done plenty of that over the last three years
This

Does he still want to move to Spurs then ?

Are Southampton still using us to get a bigger bid from Spurs ?

Should we be looking elsewhere with the money talked about ?

will he improve us ?

answer to the last question is even if he had rigour mortis he would still be our most mobile midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back