Pinpoint the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe Benitez wasn't sacked after Watford. I thought it would be the dullest season under him with nothing of note but that these types of embarrassments would be avoided.

Talk about alarm bells ringing. I was shocked that night. That's after 30 years of seeing some of the most shameful stinkers of "performances". It was wrong wrong wrong.

We didn't and haven't recovered from that game. He should not have left GP that night as Everton manager.

Doing nothing in response was like staggering to A+E and telling them you've got chest pains only to be told bugger off with an aspirin under your tongue.

Still mad we let Lineker and Kendall go in a short space of time.

Showed up the clubs total lack of ambition, and inability to keep talent.

Not replacing the spine of the team ultimately.

Selling Lukaku and not replacing him

Selling Gana and not replacing him

Selling Stones and not replacing him

Shoddy Recruitment has killed us these past few seasons.
I think it would have always been difficult to replace the likes of Lukaku, Gana and Stones in the truest sense of the word because they were quality.

However, you're final line is the crux of the matter: we took a route of over spending on dross, which has meant we lacked quality and were stuck with them.

With all the money we've spent, we've been negligent with letting Coleman remain our first-choice right back; we've lacked a quality central midfielder.

Ultimately, it's not how much you spend, but rather how you spend it and the character of the players who come in. Our squad is full of people without a spine.

Could it all just boil down to Moshiri joining the club?

That has led to our potential relegation. If you have to choose just ONE decision/player sale/injury/game etc.

And this is aside from ‘appointing Benitez’ as clearly everyone would say that.

I’ll go for the failure to bring in a solid reliable central midfielder in the summer. Gomes, Delph and Gbamin should have been moved on and replaced with one decent Prem proven player.
Not getting in a central defender.

This season, the Watford game. It was a serious mistake not to dismiss Benitez immediately afterwards. Action had to be taken there and then, whether the circumstances were not ideal or otherwise.

I still can't believe Benitez wasn't sacked after Watford. I thought it would be the dullest season under him with nothing of note but that these types of embarrassments would be avoided.

Talk about alarm bells ringing. I was shocked that night. That's after 30 years of seeing some of the most shameful stinkers of "performances". It was wrong wrong wrong.

We didn't and haven't recovered from that game. He should not have left GP that night as Everton manager.

Doing nothing in response was like staggering to A+E and telling them you've got chest pains only to be told bugger off with an aspirin under your tongue.
So at this point it was a manager who got nothing to spend in the summer. Won 4 games then lost a couple when he lost his two best players to injury and your saying he then should have been sacked. WOW

I'm surprised your not calling for Lampard to be sacked. Or on your reasoning perhaps you would have done so when he lost to Newcastle.

So at this point it was a manager who got nothing to spend in the summer. Won 4 games then lost a couple when he lost his two best players to injury and your saying he then should have been sacked. WOW

I'm surprised your not calling for Lampard to be sacked. Or on your reasoning perhaps you would have done so when he lost to Newcastle.

The time I was 100% convinced he had to go was away at Brentford.

Status
Not open for further replies.