PL Fixtures announcement 2022/23 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I ever say there was an advantage? I just can't stand the idea of Liverpool potentially having a say in the order of fixtures.

They could have a million reasons for asking to have the Anfield derby second. For one thing it's basically a guaranteed win in a title run-in as the biz end of the UCL bites.... (or at least it did before they went on inhalers!)

I said "preferential treatment" anyway, i.e: Liverpool want, Liverpool get.... Ditto City more or less. Christ mate, we see it every week, we saw it plain as day in both fixtures this year against City and the RS. As well as others not involving us.

VAR dances in our face with its big massive wiener drawn by stockley park with "THIS IS A FIX!" tattooed across its balzac. Still, what gets done? Sweet fanny adams. So why stop at mucking there? Why not fiddle with the fixture list too? That's much easier to hide.
I don't think we've ever won a Goodison derby when it's been 2nd since the PL began, all our wins are before Xmas (I think). So I'm happy with that.

Having Chelsea at home first is interesting, likely means Frank will HAVE to start the season playing similar football to the end of last. No chance to start on an attacking foot unless we want a drubbing at Goodson first game of the season.

An opening day defeat to Chelsea and Matty will be on here saying we’re down already :D

Status
Not open for further replies.