PL Fixtures announcement 2022/23 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, what was your point about the derby anyway? If there was one? What was the advantage again, as only you seem to know?

Did I ever say there was an advantage? I just can't stand the idea of Liverpool potentially having a say in the order of fixtures.

They could have a million reasons for asking to have the Anfield derby second. For one thing it's basically a guaranteed win in a title run-in as the biz end of the UCL bites.... (or at least it did before they went on inhalers!)

I said "preferential treatment" anyway, i.e: Liverpool want, Liverpool get.... Ditto City more or less. Christ mate, we see it every week, we saw it plain as day in both fixtures this year against City and the RS. As well as others not involving us.

VAR dances in our face with its big massive wiener drawn by stockley park with "THIS IS A FIX!" tattooed across its balzac. Still, what gets done? Sweet fanny adams. So why stop at mucking there? Why not fiddle with the fixture list too? That's much easier to hide.

That streak still baffles.... it's basically impossible to get heads 11 times in a row when you toss a coin. That's like similar odds to surviving glass bridge from the squid game if you're first up.
1/2^11 = 1/2048, or roughly 0.05%.

I have seen way, way, way weirder stuff in games of random chance, and I don't play them all that often.

There's plenty to be on about in modern football. This isn't it.

Think we will have a top six team away first game
would be nice to have a favourable run in with home game on final day

I know the actual fixtures forecast here are almost certainly guesswork, but are the home and away dates accurate?

I'll be in Liverpool on August 27 and those 'fixtures' have us away at Brentford which would be disappointing.

As would away anywhere.

I know the actual fixtures forecast here are almost certainly guesswork, but are the home and away dates accurate?

I'll be in Liverpool on August 27 and those 'fixtures' have us away at Brentford which would be disappointing.

As would away anywhere.

Funny. I will be on Liverpool the weekend of the 20th and hoping for a home fixture

After 11 years of the Goodison derby being first, it's been 50/50 for the last eight years.

That streak still baffles.... it's basically impossible to get heads 11 times in a row when you toss a coin. That's like similar odds to surviving glass bridge from the squid game if you're first up.

Well, impossible that is, unless there is some outside interference or requests.

Some stand to reason, like we know that Bournemough won't host Leeds at any point in August, after their gobshyt fans decided it was a good idea to terrorise Dorset's finest pensioners over 30 years ago during a heatwave.

But why would you specifically request to face a certain team home/away in a certain order for 11 straight years? Just nuts.
Every club gets to put their requests in to the league. If rs request anfield derby last and we don't make any request, then anfield derby will be last.
We probably started requesting it about 8 years ago, hence it is now luck of the draw and 50/50

It's really not any deeper than that

Status
Not open for further replies.