PL Fixtures announcement 2022/23 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 11 years of the Goodison derby being first, it's been 50/50 for the last eight years.

That streak still baffles.... it's basically impossible to get heads 11 times in a row when you toss a coin. That's like similar odds to surviving glass bridge from the squid game if you're first up.

Well, impossible that is, unless there is some outside interference or requests.

Some stand to reason, like we know that Bournemough won't host Leeds at any point in August, after their gobshyt fans decided it was a good idea to terrorise Dorset's finest pensioners over 30 years ago during a heatwave.

But why would you specifically request to face a certain team home/away in a certain order for 11 straight years? Just nuts.
It isn't impossible at all, every coin toss is 50/50. You've never heard of the Monte Carlo Fallacy, obviously. But, if you want to see some sort of set-up then I suppose you're always going to.

Hopefully home first, get everyone right behind the team and get a win under our belts.
That can't happen...as, apparently we're never at home...even though in the past 30 years we've been home on the 1st game way more than we've been away, but as long someone can have a moan about some bizarre set-up to stop us progressing, they'll be happy...so we may as well all pretend that we're away 38 times a year, to keep them happy.

It isn't impossible at all, every coin toss is 50/50. You've never heard of the Monte Carlo Fallacy, obviously. But, if you want to see some sort of set-up then I suppose you're always going to.
I'm not in isolated company mr 750k smartarse. There were mentions of it in before the 2013/14 Goodison derby - the last season of that "streak" - never been seen so heavily in any other fixture.

Lo and behold, the very next season (2014/15) we're at Anfield first.

I'm not in isolated company mr 750k smartarse. There were mentions of it in before the 2013/14 Goodison derby - the last season of that "streak" - never been seen so heavily in any other fixture.

Lo and behold, the very next season (2014/15) we're at Anfield first.
So what is there to gain from this, Einstein?

That's what I was thinking. What difference does it make? There's no advantage to it at all unless I'm missing something. Is weird though. Also you'd think if it was an advantage it would have happened v United or Arsenal or whoever were decent at the time.

There's f-all to gain...the RS were home first time when they won the league a couple of years ago (for example). Maybe it is planned, but, so what? There's only a local rivalry nowadays, hardly any league title decider.

Last edited:
So what is there to gain from this, Einstein?
Assurance that everything is fair and dandy at PL HQ, and nobody is getting preferential treatment.... tsh, more chance of Elvis turning up in my cornflakes.

Maybe I'm not as mad as you think?

Plenty on here suggesting the PL will deliberately have the RS and City both at home last day for the third season running (because TITLE RACE. MARTIN TYLER. SPLIT SCREEN. YEAH!)

You're not calling them out are ya?

Assurance that everything is fair and dandy at PL HQ, and nobody is getting preferential treatment.... tsh, more chance of Elvis turning up in my cornflakes.

Plenty on here suggesting the PL will deliberately have the RS and City both at home last day for the third season running (because TITLE RACE. MARTIN TYLER. SPLIT SCREEN. YEAH!)

In the seasons you mentioned, we won 3 home games...and haven't won one since, so well done,

Liverpool were away last game of the season in 2020...and City were away last game in 2019, but again, well done.

Plenty talk [Poor language removed]...why not just have City play the RS the final day instead (rather than early April or early February, like the last 2 years). Surely, that would be way better for the Sky Sports Super Package Subscription viewer?

Liverpool were away last game of the season in 2020...and City were away last game in 2019, but again, well done.

Learn to read mate. What I said was "Plenty on here suggesting the PL will deliberately have the RS and City both at home last day for the third season running" - next season being the third season.

Liverpool and City were both at home last day of 2020/21 and 2021/22. Surely a sign that the PL knows how it's gonna be until one of Pep or Klopp croaks, if the same happens tomorrow.

Learn to read mate. What I said was "Plenty on here suggesting the PL will deliberately have the RS and City both at home last day for the third season running" - next season being the third season.

Liverpool and City were both at home last day of 2020/21 and 2021/22. Surely a sign that the PL knows how it's gonna be until one of Pep or Klopp croaks.
Yeah, and i answered it in my 2nd reply ...and if they do, so what? How does that affect anything? How would that affect Everton (for example)? And like I said, why not make City vs Liverpool the final game- as that would be massive? Far bigger than one of them playing Wolves and one playing Villa (and the team in 1st place at the start of the day 'always' wins the Prem anyway).

Also, the 20/21 title was boxed off way before the last game. ..and they had City vs RS in early Feb...why not later?

Last edited:
...and by the way, the final game hardly ever matters to Everton, so why worry about it? It's only really mattered twice in the past 50 years (94; 98) and our 4 post-war league wins were secured by a sizeable margin...so no big deal, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.