Player Wages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. They are probably indicative, as in, who gets paid more than others, thats about it.

Oh, and its football 2020 anyrate.

Football Manager, or Championship Manager as some might still call the game, has more access to clubs than these sort of things, and even they can't get them nailed down 100%

Many aren't even in the right ballpark, and just make it look like clubs are spunking more money up the wall than they already are

Football Manager, or Championship Manager as some might still call the game, has more access to clubs than these sort of things, and even they can't get them nailed down 100%

Many aren't even in the right ballpark, and just make it look like clubs are spunking more money up the wall than they already are

Yep. Like with Iwobi. He would have been on a wedge at Arsenal, renowned high payers; he aint gonna move for a pay cut.

I dont get that exorcised about it. Its just the game.

Like didnt EMI pay Robbie Williams £80m for 5 albums a few years ago?

Whilst they should be taken with a pinch of salt, most of them look pretty spot on.

Lets not forget our yearly wage bill is 160m and we ain't getting there by paying players 20p a week.

The average for some players on the net seems to be like this:

Bernard - £120k
Mina - £120k
Gomes - £112k
Pickford - £100k
Sigurdsson - £120k
Digne - £90k
Delph - £90k
Iwobi - £50k (checked his Arsenal wages supposedly he was on £30k there.)
Lossl - £28k
Tosun - £60k

Whilst they should be taken with a pinch of salt, most of them look pretty spot on.

Lets not forget our yearly wage bill is 160m and we ain't getting there by paying players 20p a week.

Richi isn't on 140k a week for a kick off

Walcott is/was our highest earner, and this list has him below a few names. It's ridiculous

Richi isn't on 140k a week for a kick off

Walcott is/was our highest earner, and this list has him below a few names. It's ridiculous
I only glanced like.

But I reckon its Walcott, then Bernie, Hamez, Iceland, then a few others around 100k, like Delph, Gomes, Mina, Rico.

Its impossible to tell, they wont ever make them public and all people can do is guess.

I only glanced like.

But I reckon its Walcott, then Bernie, Hamez, Iceland, then a few others around 100k, like Delph, Gomes, Mina, Rico.

Its impossible to tell, they wont ever make them public and all people can do is guess.

Walcott was named as being the highest earner when we flogged Schniderlin but yes, on the right lines there

Considering your average person will earn between £1m-£2m over their lifetime, any footballer earning more than that over a 5 year contract is doing pretty well for themselves. £2m over 5 years is just £7,700 a week so even the lowest paid Premier league players (usually just the teenagers) are getting a lifetime salary in one contract. So when you're looking at players on £50k+ per week it's just impossible to justify their salary.
The sooner the game brings in salary caps the better. Imagine how much money could be flowed down to the lower levels of football if salaries were capped at £100k a week. You could still have extremely well paid players at the top level and help grassroots teams at the same time.
Obviously it'll never happen.
Don't care about money flowing downwards as I really don't see why it should. The top teams earn more through their success versus the likes of League 2 crap and rightly so.

Other than that I agree totally.

Don't care about money flowing downwards as I really don't see why it should.
Very, very few footballers start out at premier league clubs. Most will start out at a much lower level and work their way up. If those lower level clubs can't survive then the top clubs don't have the same number of players to recruit from. Over the last 2 or 3 decades the gap between the top and bottom has grown and grown. With the pandemic hitting this year it has shown just how close to the edge the lower leagues are living. Just imagine how much better the development of the younger players could be if the lower leagues were better funded.

Status
Not open for further replies.