Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a reality check for Jarrad Branthwaite as his PSV are tonked 3-0 away to Sevilla. Not sure if he was at fault for any goals but at least he wasn't subbed off.

Bit of a reality check for Jarrad Branthwaite as his PSV are tonked 3-0 away to Sevilla. Not sure if he was at fault for any goals but at least he wasn't subbed off.
I watched the last 30 mins of the first half, and Branthwaite was fine , looking composed when under pressure , no obvious faults. For the first goal I thought he hung back a bit , presumably to cover another attacker , the ball was crossed and the Sevilla scorer was first to the ball ahead of the other centre back. In the PL he would likely been coached to carry on into the box and maybe cut out the cross , in the way Tarks does. Not a fault , but at 20 he can still develop further, which is good. The other two goals were not his fault either.

I caught the highlights of this game, Cannon had a difficult chance to win it near the end but his low drive was just the wrong side of the post , he looked sharp though.
in hindsight another strange loan. Not saying he was ready to score for us, but i would have more confidence in him scoring than Maupay

in hindsight another strange loan. Not saying he was ready to score for us, but i would have more confidence in him scoring than Maupay
Not really. 15 months ago Tom Cannon was barely making his mark at u21 level, the odd spectacular goal but that was it , he was nowhere near even being considered ready for our first team. He really kicked on under Paul Tait and fell into that usual trap, too good for u21 not good/ experienced enough for the first team.

For me it’s a great first loan move , straight into the Championship, and a chance to develop further at a club who are playing him, what’s not to like.

Not really. 15 months ago Tom Cannon was barely making his mark at u21 level, the odd spectacular goal but that was it , he was nowhere near even being considered ready for our first team. He really kicked on under Paul Tait and fell into that usual trap, too good for u21 not good/ experienced enough for the first team.

For me it’s a great first loan move , straight into the Championship, and a chance to develop further at a club who are playing him, what’s not to like.

He's gotta be doing something right with him not scoring yet. That's always my fear with the young ones, if they don't hit the ground running its very difficult to persevere with them when it's a results business.

So good to know he's still been getting games without scoring and hopefully that first goal is just around the corner

Seems to be doing ok Gomes. Might be an opportunity to do a deal. He has one year left on his deal with us come the summer but is still only 29 so Lille might be happy to offer a 3 year deal on acceptable terms for him

Tom Cannon played the full game in Preston's 0-0 draw at Hull.

Lewis Warrington also played 90 minutes for Fleetwood v Plymouth. Another scoreless match

Lewis Dobbin came on for Derby after 64 minutes v Charton with his side winning 1-0. It finished 2-0.

Astley, Gibson and Onyango still injured.
He has come in for some high praise for his performance yesterday, still to open his account but seems to have been playing well in a few of the recent games.

He has come in for some high praise for his performance yesterday, still to open his account but seems to have been playing well in a few of the recent games.

High praise indeed for an opposition manager to pick him out.
Most PNE fans seem to sympathise with him feeding off scraps but looking quick and lively whenever he gets the ball.
Very interested to see how he kicks on over the next 12 months.

André Gomes played the full match and got an assist as his Lille lost 4-3 in the last minute away to PSG.

Jarrad Branthwaite subbed off for PSV at Heerenveen with the score 2-2 which is how it finished. He had just been booked.

Joao Virginia on the bench again as Cambuur lost 2-1.

BBC has Gomes down for 2 assists which is hard to believe. Happy for him if he has his spark back. Hopefully he maintains a bit of form and gets a move in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.