Players out on loan 2023/24

Reece Welch joined League 2 side Forest Green this week on loan. His contract with us expires in June 2026.

This now gives us one player on loan in each of the 5 lower leagues.
Don’t agree with the loan system myself. Teams should only be able to loan out a couple of players. If youngsters can’t make the team then smaller teams should be able to permanently sign and develop them. Dunno how most teams survive now.
Must be tough as a fan watching players come and go like that.

Don’t agree with the loan system myself. Teams should only be able to loan out a couple of players. If youngsters can’t make the team then smaller teams should be able to permanently sign and develop them. Dunno how most teams survive now.

….from what I see, fans love getting players on loan from top flight clubs.

if selling clubs had to pay a decent percentage of any fee to loan clubs based on the number of appearances that could help. Picking numbers out of my arse, say 50% of the fee for under 23 transfers goes to the selling club, with the other 50% spread to teams where the player has made appearances, so if a youngster plays 50 games at Forest Green on loan but none for us and he gets bought for 5m then Forest Green get 2.5m. Would also encourage teams to play youngsters to reduce the loan clubs’ take.

if selling clubs had to pay a decent percentage of any fee to loan clubs based on the number of appearances that could help. Picking numbers out of my arse, say 50% of the fee for under 23 transfers goes to the selling club, with the other 50% spread to teams where the player has made appearances, so if a youngster plays 50 games at Forest Green on loan but none for us and he gets bought for 5m then Forest Green get 2.5m. Would also encourage teams to play youngsters to reduce the loan clubs’ take.

Then we'd see players not go on loan to English clubs. Bit daft.

Plymouth drew 0-0 at Watford but no minutes for Lewis Warrington.

Stanley Mills came on for Oxford at home to Carlisle on 67 minutes with the score goalless. Oxford went on to win 1-0.

Forest Green won 1-0 at Harrogate. Reece Welch came on after 80 minutes to help see out the victory.

Chesterfield won 4-2 at Fylde, Harry Tyrer completing the whole match.

Farsley Celtic drew 1-1 at home to Chorley. Can't find any information about the line ups (not even on Farsley's own website). Assuming Zan-Luk Leban did play.

The official media team doing loanee updates this year. Could save me a job...
https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3633638/loan-watch-potm-display-among-enthralling-weekend
I read the OS report first , but as it said “ 2-1 victory” then 1-1 draw in Leban’s game , I was confused, so I thought I’d better come here to check. It looks like a good resource to use , with some fill ins and , as it’s Everton, corrections when needed, but don’t stop what you’re doing mate 👍

Stanley Mills warming the bench for 90 minutes again for Oxford United who won 2-1 at Derby.

Reece Welch came on after 29 minutes for Forest Green at home to Swindon with his team winning 1-0. Swindon equalised early on the 2nd half and then Forest Green player was sent off. Forest Green hung on but conceded in added time and lost 2-1.

90 minutes for Harry Tyrer for table topping Chesterfield. They won 2-1 at Oxford City.

Zan-Luk Leban's Farsley equalised in added time at home to South Shields. 1-1.

You love Neil don't you eggs.

….I certainly rate him. I first came across him watching a school team he managed. They were head and shoulders above the opposition, Dewsnip had them enjoying their footy but he was so innovative during the game getting players to totally switch positions.

That team contained a future full Scotland international and an England Schoolboy Everton later received £1m for. I knew them all well because they had been in my daughters year at school. Dewsnip later had Schumacher (John Welch & Alan Moogan play for England Schools) before he was recruited by Everton.

Lewis Warrington came on for the last 10 minutes for Plymouth with the score 1-1 but our man Che Adams scored for Soton in added time to give them a 2-1 win. Plymouth drop to 11th.

A start and 61 minutes for Stanley Mills for Oxford United who were already winning 2-0 when he went off. Oxford went on to get a 3-1 win v Barnsley away. Oxford are now 4th.

Reece Welch not in the squad for Forest Green who continue to struggle losing 3-0 at home to Newport. Forest Green currently 22nd.

As pointed out above, Harry Tyrer conceded an equaliser in added time for Chesterfield at home to Oldham. 1-1 and Chesterfield fall to 3rd on GD.

Zan-Luk Leban's Farsley won again, 1-0 at Bishop's Stortford. They are 6th. Leban getting rave reviews so far.