Players who you wished they'd gave more of a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the younger players really. Our managers were a bit cowardly and unwilling to give youth a chance in favor of absolute dung. It’s all well and good if we had talent ahead of them, but we didn’t.

We wonder why a lot of our younger players all turn out crap and it’s because we leave them to rot. We don’t play them, we don’t send many of them on loan and we don’t encourage them whatsoever with our revolving door of managers- all of which are allergic to giving youth a chance. We just let them stagnate.
Whilst this is true how many came good after we let them go? If you're good enough you'll usually shine through eventually.

If only we had given more time to .... Victor Anichebe :p For him to not be crocked.... We gave him just 10 years, such a shame.
We would have never needed Lukaku... Anichebe >>>> Lukuku. ??

Jelavic. We just stopped playing to his strengths and made him run channels. Then Martinez sacked him off for absolutely no reason just because he wasn’t called Lukaku. Look at the trash we brought in up front after that, keeping hold of Jelavic as a backup to Lukaku would have been better than wasting all the money we did.

Jelavic. We just stopped playing to his strengths and made him run channels. Then Martinez sacked him off for absolutely no reason just because he wasn’t called Lukaku. Look at the trash we brought in up front after that, keeping hold of Jelavic as a backup to Lukaku would have been better than wasting all the money we did.
Ya I could and should have added Jelavic… was too good for that first stint that unreal he was then pretty much cast aside when he hit the smallest of dry patches and as you say KO playing to his strengths…

of course can’t believe I forgot Besic. Again you don’t do what he did to Yaya Toure without being more than talented… just wasn’t given the run of games he should have for far less talented players that the manager considered undroppable. I think eventually it resulted in him not fulfilling his potential and nothing seemingly working for him. Maybe it was him all along that couldn’t settle behind the scenes.. I don’t know

best striker we probably had post Sharp. Genius level finisher.. but didn’t run to the corner flag to Moyes seemed to marginalise him.. never made any sense.
tbf to Moyes the Yak was next level lazy. Think I ran more during a game getting a pie at half time.

Definitely something up between the two of them tho, Yak's injury was serious ligament tear but he came back and remember him looking good in some games and then getting sat on the bench the next.

tbf to Moyes the Yak was next level lazy. Think I ran more during a game getting a pie at half time.

Definitely something up between the two of them tho, Yak's injury was serious ligament tear but he came back and remember him looking good in some games and then getting sat on the bench the next.

I would say more intelligent than lazy.

I remember an interview with him once where he said something along the lines of why run around the pitch all the time when you can conserve your energy to burst past a defender when he was least expecting it which he did often. He had a great turn of pace over a short space and could just ghost past defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.