Players who you wished they'd gave more of a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we had given more time to .... Victor Anichebe :p For him to not be crocked.... We gave him just 10 years, such a shame.
We would have never needed Lukaku... Anichebe >>>> Lukuku. ??
That tackle big Vic got from Kevin Nolan was outrageously bad, though. Proper leg snapper that hurt his career. There was legal action involving loss of earnings iirc.

Last edited:
Mostly younger players who had promise all the way through and then never got a real chance. Kissock, Ledson, Green, Walsh, Dowell. People will point to them finding a level, etc, but sometimes the difference between making it and not is a chance.

Always thought McFadden deserved more than he got as well.

I totally forget about ledson and he was quite highly rated here when he was around 17. Last season he won player of the year and supporters player of the year at Preston so on that basis is considered one of their best. Perhaps he could have made it here. Dowell seems to do well everywhere he goes at championship level but that appears to be his ceiling.

Let’s be honest, the ones mentioned never went on to do much that would haunt you. Except Beardsley and Rooney but it’s not a case of us not giving either a chance to play or prove themselves, just the decision to sell

Juliano Rodrigo our 1st ever Brazilian made his debut in the same game as Rooney then wrecked his knee a month later in training. After a couple of botched knee ops he never played for us again.Everton that.

tbf to Moyes the Yak was next level lazy. Think I ran more during a game getting a pie at half time.

Definitely something up between the two of them tho, Yak's injury was serious ligament tear but he came back and remember him looking good in some games and then getting sat on the bench the next.
Yep recall vividly him netting a good finish and bench very next game. Think I had had it with Moyes round this time.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out for players at clubs. Kean is one of those. He had plenty of chances to impress imo but expected to be first choice and wasn't, simples. If he does well then good for him but I dont feel we lost anything, was worth a punt

Status
Not open for further replies.