Pochettino

Seize Pochettino with immediate effect?

• Yes. Top quality manager will have us shooting up the table

• No. I would rather be faithful to Project Lampard

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mauricio Pochettino on Talksport last night was asked about whether he would’ve taken the Villa job. He confirmed he would consider any Premier League job. Rumours of him being an Everton candidate are bubbling away.

Now we may be emotionally invested in Frank’s project but if we could have Pochettino in tomorrow, would we? We know the board like to splash out on the big names. If we lose to Wolves on Boxing Day and Lampard is sacked, it may be too late.

Let me know your thoughts.
Regardless of whether the manager at the time is doing well or not, the club should ALWAYS be monitoring who is available.

Idiots for questioning Ancelotti. Frank can be questioned as it is still up in the air whether or not management is for him.
Any and all managers can be questioned. The problem is when those questioning the managers aren't really looking for answers and wouldn't be satisfied if they got them. The evidence is the hounding out of every single manager we've had at the club since Moyes.

Any and all managers can be questioned. The problem is when those questioning the managers aren't really looking for answers and wouldn't be satisfied if they got them. The evidence is the hounding out of every single manager we've had at the club since Moyes.
It's pretty much the same at every PL club. The problem is that we don't have a board/structure at the club to stop things freefalling when they go bad.

Frank was the wrong appointment and is further evidence of bad decisions at the club

I'd have some concerns at this point with Pochettino.

Since he left Spurs, his career hasn't gone the way he would have wanted.

I think he's caught between a feeling that another big job is beyond him and not wanting to take on lesser jobs.

There is a period for any manager at Everton if they get beyond a certain stage where the hard yards have to be put in for little or no reward in the short-term, and I doubt whether he would fancy a challenge of that stature at this stage in his career.

I'd rather if managers like him were honest about things like that if the job did arise and ruled themselves out, rather than taking it as a placemaker and staying only till a better offer came along.

I'd have some concerns at this point with Pochettino.

Since he left Spurs, his career hasn't gone the way he would have wanted.

I think he's caught between a feeling that another big job is beyond him and not wanting to take on lesser jobs.

There is a period for any manager at Everton if they get beyond a certain stage where the hard yards have to be put in for little or no reward in the short-term, and I doubt whether he would fancy a challenge of that stature at this stage in his career.

I'd rather if managers like him where honest about things like that if the job did arise and ruled themselves out, rather than taking it as a placemaker and staying only till a better offer came along.
He could look at Carlo who thought the same, came to us, then went to Real Madrid.

It's pretty much the same at every PL club. The problem is that we don't have a board/structure at the club to stop things freefalling when they go bad.

Frank was the wrong appointment and is further evidence of bad decisions at the club
Ah, but the comprehensive Strategic Review of the club was conducted to address such matters. Of course, the terms of the 'Review' & the appointment of the 'Reviewers' will have been formulated by those with a pre-determined desire for it's outcomes and the result is - no progress! Maybe it's time to have a totally independent 'Review', hopefully already being conducted by a potential new owner in tune with Football in present times and with a progressive Vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.