Pochettino

Seize Pochettino with immediate effect?

• Yes. Top quality manager will have us shooting up the table

• No. I would rather be faithful to Project Lampard

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are claiming that no one could do better than Lampard with this squad. This suggests that you think Lampard has the highest capacity for management in the world.
I said "much" better. I think it would be very difficult for any manager, as Lampard is proving, as did Ancelotti (and he had Richarlison and Rodriquez) to get these players into the top half. You cannot teach intelligence to thickos like Gray, Gordon or McNeil, and you cannot turn bang average for his entire career Rondon into a goal machine, or Maupay into a top class striker, or teach Calvert or Mina to stop getting injured. Perhaps Guardiola might have it in him to get the team safe from relegation to 15th, but I cannot imagine anybody, unless serious money is spent, to get us much higher up the league.

I really like lampard and hope he stays and does well, so no.

However IF mosh did sack lampard than pochettino would be the ideal person to come in.

Got experience of managing prem clubs and making them a lot better

yeah he handed liverpool the game, not like they were the 2nd best team in the world at that point and had only been defeated once in 38 league games and had 97 points
Blubbing away he was, like Kenwright on the phone to his mam when Man U signed Rooney.

Avoid at all costs.

Not for me. Overrated manager and wrong for Everton at this time. Hasn't actually won anything of note as a manager despite coming close. Better than Frank yes, but there are much better options out there for us in our current predicament.

The next manager we need someone who will really dig in and I would question that if he joined us that would be a downward trajectory for him and I would question if he would have the fight needed. Dyche on the other hand has had a year off and will be chomping at the bit for his next job and will have been doing a lot of assessment and will know exactly what he needs to do.

Dyche for me

Not for me. Overrated manager and wrong for Everton at this time. Hasn't actually won anything of note as a manager despite coming close. Better than Frank yes, but there are much better options out there for us in our current predicament.

The next manager we need someone who will really dig in and I would question that if he joined us that would be a downward trajectory for him and I would question if he would have the fight needed. Dyche on the other hand has had a year off and will be chomping at the bit for his next job and will have been doing a lot of assessment and will know exactly what he needs to do.

Dyche for me
I'd have Dyche over Lampard tbf. But Poch the more exciting option out of the two.

I said "much" better. I think it would be very difficult for any manager, as Lampard is proving, as did Ancelotti (and he had Richarlison and Rodriquez) to get these players into the top half. You cannot teach intelligence to thickos like Gray, Gordon or McNeil, and you cannot turn bang average for his entire career Rondon into a goal machine, or Maupay into a top class striker, or teach Calvert or Mina to stop getting injured. Perhaps Guardiola might have it in him to get the team safe from relegation to 15th, but I cannot imagine anybody, unless serious money is spent, to get us much higher up the league.
Whether Ancelotti got us in the top half or not is irrelevant. He had us on 59 points. 3 from Europe and 31 from relegation.

Our squad has declined in the mean time and I agree there are bigger off the pitch problems, but a change of management is something we can control in the short term. If we can do better than Lampard, I believe Pochettino is a step up, then why not go for him?

It doesn't really matter anyway, I can't see him coming to us.

Can we afford to fire another manager until Franks position is untenable? Contract payoff for Frank and then a contract payout for Poch would eat into our tiny FFP riddled finances further, and then we have even less to spend on the players we so badly need.

Status
Not open for further replies.