[POLL] Everton Takeover - 5 Years On

Has being bought out even been worth it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We benefitted under Kenwright by giving Moyes time to get stuff right because we were skint and had little other choice.

We are no longer skint and have made a series of bad managerial appointments since - that would be the stick you would beat Moshiri with. But it's literally the only one I can think of. Everything else has been what you'd have hoped for - continually finding money to invest, progressing a new stadium etc etc

I still think we've made a good managerial appointment this time, we just need to afford him the time to get it right which is something we (as a fanbase) seem to struggle with

Pros:
Stadium
Carlo
Moshiri

Cons:
Over spending on Recruitment
Poor Managerial Appointments (Walsh, Fat Sam etc)
Losing key players (Lukaku, Stones, Rat, Gueye) still.

I think we are a good window away in terms of pushing further ahead so fingers crossed we have targets lined up already
It'll be another bargain basement 11th hour rush again.

Our team has been crap for 20 years. At least now we don't use the excuse "at least they were cheap". That's real progress.

If results had all fallen our way yesterday would people still be asking the same questions ?

It was a poor day for us in a game that clearly meant very little, if City lose the CL next weekend then this celebration will have fallen very flat for them then. Things change very quickly in football.

Our season didn't turn on any one game, we have had some very good games and results, we have had some shocking ones that are hard to explain and understand.

Anybody who thought we would go from a team just out of the relegation area to CL in a season and a half does not deal in reality.

If results had all fallen our way yesterday would people still be asking the same questions ?

It was a poor day for us in a game that clearly meant very little, if City lose the CL next weekend then this celebration will have fallen very flat for them then. Things change very quickly in football.

Our season didn't turn on any one game, we have had some very good games and results, we have had some shocking ones that are hard to explain and understand.

Anybody who thought we would go from a team just out of the relegation area to CL in a season and a half does not deal in reality.

I'd still ask the same questions 7th or 10th. Really not arsed about some 3rd no mark European competition. I've felt for a couple of years now I preferred skint us.

I feel bad for Moshiri. He made mistakes to begin with but he’s done everything he can to try and get the club moving forward and yet nothing.

Unfortunately hiring the right people is a big part of being a business owner in any field. The 2 DOF's he has hired have failed miserably and until Ancelotti, his managerial appointments had been fairly uninspiring too.

He's given everyone the tools they needed to succeed but he gave the tools to the wrong people. I feel for him as you say, but he made some big mistakes.

Stadium - not yet built.

League finishes since Mosh arrived? 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th.

"Appointing whichever manager he wants and providing transfer funds" hasn't really evolved us.

Imagine if we had a younger, untested but talented manager we believed in, or even a left-field appointment. Would we have had any worse league positions? Imagine if the people on their 5 year contracts were getting renewed, or had 5 years of team building. Or if we had bought loads of 19-23 year olds 4 years ago, and they were now a dynamic united team?
It's easy to say in hindsight, but hopefully Moshiri has finished his learning on the job, and understands that 3-5 year plans are really helpful, and a club like Everton cannot transform overnight. Carlo is the young ambitious manager we need to take us forward!
THe stadium has been amazing, hope that this ambition now reflects on the players.

You think we’d have a new stadium on the horizon without the takeover?
Moshiri (usmanov) has always put his money where his mouth is. Just signed a load of rubbish - managers and players.

!00% accurate for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.