Poll : Martinez Post Newcastle

Martinez?

• In

• Out

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In think fans made excuses for him when he first returned from injury, and quite legitimately...the problems started when it became obvious that he was treading water and was avoiding involvement in most games. It was the apparent lack of effort which turned some fans against him. So again, I don't think it was aknee jerk from the fans, I think it built up the less that Ross seemed to want to do on the pitch. What you cannot do, if your'e Chelsea, Everton Leicester or any other Premier League team, is persevere with a player who is not contributing at least effort to the cause. Naismith, with a fraction of the talent Ross is supposed to have, earns a regular place because he runs and works all match for the team. Some semblance of effort from Ross(and he has certainly tried harder in the last couple of games) and the crowd would not be on his back. There is nothing more that Evertonians want than Barkley fulfilling his early promise, but to do that he first of all has to earn a regular start.
Some people justwant to criticize him at every opportunity and offer no support. That looks to be your prime reason for posting on this forum.

Rather funny how some are now voting "In" on the basis that "he's listened to us and changed tactics".

Do you really think he's thought " bugger, I'd better get Kone up top with Rom ( incidentally who the negs thought was [Poor language removed] two or three weeks ago), and hit some long balls or I'll be cheese on toast in the forum polls by next week".

You're either in or out....I just don't see that you can change the polarity of your view as a consequence of a couple of games"

Not voted, but I'd not want him gone. I'll be honest, I never wanted him. Not because he took Wigan down - that was always gonna happen sooner or later - but because of their poor defensive record. Think his Wigan team conceded 279 goals in the league over 4 seasons.

However, he won me over last season, and I'm not about to turn my back on him now.

lQUOTE="Stan Lee Park, post: 3432184, member: 16397"]Some people justwant to criticize him at every opportunity and offer no support. That looks to be your prime reason for posting on this forum.[/QUOTE]

Don't be ridiculous. I've been posting on forums since the early days of Blue Kipper, and watching Everton since 1948...you reckon I've just been waiting all this time for Barkley to come along so that I can criticise him? We all hope he does as well in the game as he can, but its doubtful at present and theres absolutely no problem with me, or others saying things as we see it. 'Prime reason for coming on the forum' How daft can you get.

Last edited:
voted in the first time in 6months.

2 consecutive match of abandoning his philosophy will do it for me. Hope we're witnessing the new "Martinez" from now onwards.

I am getting a strange sense of déjà vu.

Were we not all thinking after the two Hammers cup ties and the City game in between them that he had changed to a more "direct style" after Rom and others a.k.a. The Plotters had approached him?

Cheese on toast from me until I see a sustained crab ball free run of games.

I have a sneaky suspicion that most unMartinez display today may have come after pressure from both the players below him and the powers that be above him rather than Bobby finally accepting tiki taki is so 2010.

I still don't want him out but it has been touch and go this season. In terms of style of play I'm happy to see tiki taka football once we've gone in front as it'll make teams come out and we can pass round them quickly as we've shown in Europe. Hopefully Bobby's now seen that a more strong and direct approach has its merits.

Haha I love how fickle most of us are (myself included)

Not arsed right now tbh, just happy with a good win :D

I am getting a strange sense of déjà vu.

Were we not all thinking after the two Hammers cup ties and the City game in between them that he had changed to a more "direct style" after Rom and others a.k.a. The Plotters had approached him?

Cheese on toast from me until I see a sustained crab ball free run of games.

I have a sneaky suspicion that most unMartinez display today may have come after pressure from both the players below him and the powers that be above him rather than Bobby finally accepting tiki taki is so 2010.

I was thinking about that mate ( not the players but pressure from above ). Wouldn't surprise me if they've had a quiet word. I think the players did but he reverted to type as soon as he could and that backfired.

Regardless of who or what has been said, I would be absolutely delighted to be proved wrong and we turn this car crash of a season into a major positive by going all the way in the EL and finishing strongly in the PL.

The last hour against Kyiv and today is certainly a step in the right direction. Massive game on Thursday which will keep our season alive if we get through.

When you consider how many changes we made to the side and the fact that we played a different formation ( sort of) it's a brilliant result. I know they were down to 10 men for the last half hour, but we were aready 2-0 by then.

I still think we look unbalanced playing with only one winger, but Lennon has worked harder today than Mirallas has since January, at times he was like two players!

I'm looking forward to Kiev on Thursday :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back