Poll : Martinez Post Newcastle

Martinez?

• In

• Out

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
end this ridiculous poll now...will go down as one of Everton's finest Managers ever, and esteemed Evertonians like my man @davek will be revered for the visionary genius he is

memo to self; remember to vault this in 12mths.

Disclaimer: unless we win the Thursday League Then I'll singing with the rest in Warsaw old town.

Good to see him concede that his usual tactics don't work and that he's willing to try something different.

Weird that he's never played rom and Kone together before now though.
He didn't dare play his preferred tactics yesterday, the crowd would have rioted if we'd have come out tippy tapping around again at the back. .After the reaction of the crowd last Thursday he knows he's on rocky ground.

He'd lost my support after the Stoke game but give him credit after the last 1 and a half games we've stopped the slow boring play and had a good go and got 2 wins. Hopefully this will continue and we've unleashed the beast that is Rom.

On the fence still as putting it simply, do i think he can change? No. Do i think he is showing signs of learning? Yes.

a manager who goes 'this seems to work, lets keep doing it' is a good sign that he can change how we play. We are good enough to play more direct and with more pressure but we need to be able to do it every week to make teams fear us. Yesterday was a great result for more than one reason so hopefully next sunday we can do it again.

For the 1st time this season we have been able to swap our squad around with quality players that are fit after a Europa game. I noticed many of our fans bemoaning the squad selection before the game , I was more that happy with the changes to the squad and expected to see them all ( except for Kone and Rom playing together ) Finally we are getting our long term injuries back to full health and starting to see the levels of quality on the pitch we seen last season . I would like to add how much we have missed little Leon Osman this season and im very pleased to have him back and ready for squad selection .

Two wins and he goes from 61% out to 66% in?

You gang of fickle whoppers

Fickle for sure. Listening to Jags interview on MOTD, there's no doubt Martinez stubborness has had us playing the slow tikka takka football for 8 horrible months of this season. Even he, has now accepted it doesn't work, and what a difference it made yesterday. Still say there are a lot of better managers out there and I'd like to see one at Everton come the start of next season. The reality however is that it won't happen anytime soon.:(

He FINALLY changed.

If it lasts and he stops pursuing what doesn't work, then I want him to stay. As I've always said, what I want is him to change, but if he refused then him gone as something clearly needed/needs to change.

CHANGE.

Hahaha one of the finest South Park episodes

Massive swing in Martinez' favour since the last poll, long may it continue!

Two wins and he goes from 61% out to 66% in?

You gang of fickle whoppers
So true. We suddenly have:

-Alcaraz back in favour
-Pay around 5 million for Lennon
-Kone is a gun and Kone and Lukaku make a great partnership

tyra.gif

I do find the volatility very interesting.

After Stoke it was 2/3 wanted him gone. At present it looks 70% want him to stay. Clear there are a lot of wavering voters.

I voted IN .. As I have in the previous polls ..
I don't know what's wrong with the team this season like.
Give him the summer to sort it out and hopefully next season we will be better for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back