Poll: Was the ManUtd match a turning point?

Was ManUtd match a turning point?

• Yes

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 72 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

It was certainly a turning point for Lampard, as a loss may well have seen one last-ditch attempt by the club to preserve our PL status by installing a relegation firefighter. As it goes, he'll now be here until at least the end of the season.

But I like that it made it a case of "over to you, Burnley", who only had to beat Norwich to keep breathing right down our necks, and for all Dyche's attempts at mind games over the past few days or so, they fluffed their lines big time. I guess Norwich don't know how to win either, eh?

If only it could kick start a string of good performances when it matters the most, is just that we all know too well how quickly we can hit rock bottom again.

It's not so much a possible turning point because of the win against Utd, for me the turning point was having a midfield for once. If Delph and Allan can stay healthy we'll be fine The back 4 too looked solid. Man Utd were poor I'll admit but they'd have mauled the side we played at Burnley, even at Goodison.

Was it a turning point? Yes. But It's likely to be one of many.

There will be lots of twists and turns to come yet. If Everton end up going down with Burnley staying up, we can point to Wednesday night's head-to-head capitulation as the defining moment. But now we have some hope, if not breathing space. If we can beat Leicester, we are in the box seat to stay up and Burnley's heads will likely drop further. The United win was a turning point in that it demoralised Burnley before their game. Psychology is huge now. The Leeds comeback win at Wolves did serious damage to ours a few weeks ago, and took the wind out of our sails after the Newcastle win. Our win on Saturday did likewise to Burnley. If we can follow up with another home win, they might start to accept their fate.

I would say that I am far more optimistic than after Wednesday, but I shall wait until both Watford and Burnley have played their weekend game. If they both fail to win and the Leicester games goes well, I shall start thinking that safety is getting closer.

It's one game. A positive sign, sure, but shouldn't we wait to see if we can put 2 good performances back-to-back and hopefully 2 wins back-to-back for the first time in god knows how long before we start talking about corners being turned and great escapes?!? Let's not jump the gun just yet.
This. Plenty of twists still to come me thinks.

Attacking wise we played well against West Ham and Burnley; it was defensively we let ourselves down.

United was a combo of hard work, a side who left space against us, and some solid saves from Pickford.

No mistakes, 3 points. Leicester will be a big game, they’ll be expansive but potentially in a Euro hangover so fingers crossed we stop up again.

Absolutely yes. So much so that the team can all relax and get their flip flops on for the remaining games and get ready for a nice summer break.

Personally I can't wait to see them jetting off in private planes to exotic locations. It'll really take my mind off the raise in cost of living and having to chase a new contract as this job is potentially coming to an end in summer.

Marvellous stuff. Keep it up Everton! Big transitional season next year - let's make the most of it as you never know how frequently those come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.