Positive back down to earth moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkygibson

Player Valuation: £2.5m
a game like this will prove to koeman, Walsh, moshiri, the board etc that many new faces are still required as we're still a fairway behind that top 4 despite a decent run. Btw 2 new centre backs and a left back to start with please. Bainesy showed today he's in the twilight of his career, and yes I know other players were worse but I felt I've been living on my nerves in a number of games with those 3 recently

We have had 30 years of proof that new faces are needed, but I get your point.

What concerns me recently after a decent run is the amount of people thinking we are only one or two players away from breaking into the Top 4.

We are, if we sign Messi and Suarez.

Make that five or six.

Even Koeman is at it now.

I need to be convinced that Everton are serious about being competitive at the top end, if they are we should see it in the summer.

The problem is the likes of Elstone and Kenwright who think all is well if we make the qualifying round for the Europa League.

a game like this will prove to koeman, Walsh, moshiri, the board etc that many new faces are still required as we're still a fairway behind that top 4 despite a decent run. Btw 2 new centre backs and a left back to start with please. Bainesy showed today he's in the twilight of his career, and yes I know other players were worse but I felt I've been living on my nerves in a number of games with those 3 recently

To be honest, I think it proves no such thing.

What today proves to me is that if we had Messi, Suarez, Zlatan and flipping Pele in the line up we would still go into these big away games with such a defeatist attitude that today's performance would be replicated.

I am just so sick of it.

3-2 is flattering beyond belief :mad:

I'm pretty certain that Moshiri/Walsh/Koeman all know we still need a lot more, regardless of the result today.

In fact, Koeman even said we still need another window during our unbeaten run...

Bainesy showed today he's in the twilight of his career, and yes I know other players were worse but I felt I've been living on my nerves in a number of games with those 3 recently
Baines has recently been given an extra 2 years on his contract and Barry 1. Can't see either one being able to play for that long.
We'll need to see significant investment in the playing staff to really compete for the top 4. Hope the money is there. Haven't seen too much evidence of the fabled massive budget in 2 full windows so far.

Indeed, bit of perspective needed. And hopefully might put an end to the dreaded 'next five games'... 'can we make top 4?' threads! :)

I'm alright with it to be honest, hopefully chubby realises not to play barry ever again, he already knows we need a new defense, and it was only a few years ago we'd go to any of the top four and be lucky to get a kick, spurs are a top side, especially at home, it wasn't that bad, and ross barkley is basically a god amongst mere mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.