Positive back down to earth moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
a game like this will prove to koeman, Walsh, moshiri, the board etc that many new faces are still required as we're still a fairway behind that top 4 despite a decent run. Btw 2 new centre backs and a left back to start with please. Bainesy showed today he's in the twilight of his career, and yes I know other players were worse but I felt I've been living on my nerves in a number of games with those 3 recently

Sad but true, I've always been a Bainesy fan but he was really shown up for lack of pace in the opening minutes and came close to giving away a penalty because of it, Funes-Mori is ok but I feel as if I'm sitting waiting on him improving and it doesn't seem to be happening, Williams has proved a solid stop gap but that is all we definately need more competition in these areas and we are still awaiting these big transfer funds materialising to provide the means.

Positive?

Now we know for certain we will not be finishing any higher we can concentrate on ensuring we fall no lower.

Next week versus Baggies becomes our Cup Final in that respect.

Down to earth?

Having convinced myself we would win the derby I have now kicked that notion into touch so won't be getting high on groundless euphoria over the next few weeks :(

Positive?

Now we know for certain we will not be finishing any higher we can concentrate on ensuring we fall no lower.

Next week versus Baggies becomes our Cup Final in that respect.

Down to earth?

Having convinced myself we would win the derby I have now kicked that notion into touch so won't be getting high on groundless euphoria over the next few weeks :(
If there's one phrase that needs to disappear from Earth it 'becomes our Cup Final.'

you normally learn a lot more from defeats than from facile victories.

Apart from Coleman, our back four is dodgy.

Funes Mori is an utter liability.

Williams is bang average.

Gareth Barry can now only be used against bottom half relegation fodder.

Gana struggles physically against the very best.

Tom Davies has still a way to go.

Positives

Barkley has improved inmeasurably

McCarthy back to his best

We need two new top quality centre halves. I said it on weds in the match thread.

anyone thinking we could compete toe to toe with Spurs with those two centrehalfs are just delusional

It's used far too much, plus a cup match is a finale, theres a definitive winner and loser. We could lose against WBA but then they could hit the skids and get 3 points from the rest of the season while we won every game.

Boy, you have certainly given the matter some thought.

You will be Chief Constable of the Metaphor Police before too long.

But you know what.

It is still our Cup Final :p

Status
Not open for further replies.