Positives of Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was truly awful at his time with us after the first season and even that seems to have been romanticised a little.

For me he’s very similar to Benitez, stubborn and plays very unattractive football but he just comes across better that Benitez.

There seems to be an unexplainable Myth about Martinez that he plays attractive football! Which is baffling as it was almost as bad as Fat Sam at times but worse defensively.

Bar Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy & First season Geri his signings where terrible.

He also paid £16m for Niasse when we had no money! That’s as bad as £35m for Iwobi imo
I think his tenure was hit and miss tbf.

Problems were that the lows were really low, 5v2 in Europe, 4v0’s v Liverpool and that West Ham game…obviously things turned sour at the end- as they seem to do with managers of ours.

Still - that first season was brilliant, couple of decent European runs, two semi finals where he really deserved to win one of them, we were all over United in the second half of the cup with besic at right back and Gibson playing 90.

You’d hope that he has improved a little and isn’t as stubborn about not coaching set pieces and defending better…and not being so bloody positive after defeats.

I always though Martinez had the potential to be a top manager but he was just too hard headed and his endless positivity wore off with players and fans.

I think his tenure was hit and miss tbf.

Problems were that the lows were really low, 5v2 in Europe, 4v0’s v Liverpool and that West Ham game…obviously things turned sour at the end- as they seem to do with managers of ours.

Still - that first season was brilliant, couple of decent European runs, two semi finals where he really deserved to win one of them, we were all over United in the second half of the cup with besic at right back and Gibson playing 90.

You’d hope that he has improved a little and isn’t as stubborn about not coaching set pieces and defending better…and not being so bloody positive after defeats.

I always though Martinez had the potential to be a top manager but he was just too hard headed and his endless positivity wore off with players and fans.
I’d like to think he has learned from his mistakes too but he’s not been a club manager now for 5 years and international football is worlds apart.

I think it ends in Disaster unless like you say he’s learned from where he went wrong in season 2 and 3

oh ye, i get that like.

shame he never got that side of management init.

could have been great for us, but he just didnt learn.

I think if he would have kept us tight and the back that would have helped but he got so many other things wrong. I wanted him to succeed but for me he’s the most frustrating manager we’ve ever had

Billy whizz has had him on repeat dial for last few days. Will he be able to survive the onslaught from a love sick dope who believes in champions league football with a crew of misfits

When he left us and went to Belgium, we all predicted how Belgium would play and how they would fail in tournaments. I know they've not got the greatest defence, but Martinez was given the best possible chance to implement his style of play and vision, and he's basically failed. He hasn't changed a bit, and I'm glad he's not coming back.

First season - best we've had for football, points and wins in the PL era

Second season - wheels fell off by early winter but we still had our best Euro campaign outside 1970/71 and 1984/85 and finished midtable

Third season - wheels came off after the first 12 games, but we still got to a couple of domestic cup SFs and finished mid-table

If anyone here was asked if they'd accept that for the next 3 years until we got safely to the new stadium and replied they wouldn't, they'd be talking absolute BS.
Lies

Will this really happen ?
i really do hope not...still emotionally scared by his last season with us,anyone who witnessed Southampton,Hull,Sunderland away that season,along with getting hammered by a Leicester side who had a been on a bender all week when his job depended on a result would be.....

When he left us and went to Belgium, we all predicted how Belgium would play and how they would fail in tournaments. I know they've not got the greatest defence, but Martinez was given the best possible chance to implement his style of play and vision, and he's basically failed. He hasn't changed a bit, and I'm glad he's not coming back.
How has he failed?

Status
Not open for further replies.