Possible January striker targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody more clued up on Serie A matters tell me what Piatek is like? His numbers are really impressive, he is relatively young and I can't imagine him being mega expensive.

Can anybody more clued up on Serie A matters tell me what Piatek is like? His numbers are really impressive, he is relatively young and I can't imagine him being mega expensive.

Only seen him play once, and it was for Poland against Portugal.

He scored after about 10 minutes, but then did nothing of note.

Seems a very good poacher but the rest of his game is pretty limited.

...only going off YouTube, but certainly looks the part; good size, decent pace and a threat in the air.
Only seen him play once, and it was for Poland against Portugal.

He scored after about 10 minutes, but then did nothing of note.

Seems a very good poacher but the rest of his game is pretty limited.
I found a scout report on him but the bloke uses terms like "half spaces" so make of it what you will. But it is an absolutely glowing report. I'd prefer us to take a chance on a player like this as it would be minimal risk regarding fee and the potential for a high reward. I think this is the type Brands will be looking at.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/krzysztof-piatek-genoa-tactical-analysis

...only going off YouTube, but certainly looks the part; good size, decent pace and a threat in the air.
Guess I should be the best bet when it comes to Piatek.

My opinion is that is waaaay too early for him to make a big step up. Last season he wasn't even the best striker in the polish league which standards are very poor. Best scorers in the league right now are Marco Paixao who scored 6 goals in 2 seasons in SPL (!) and Marcin Robak (5 goals in a Turkish Superleague career high). Both are over 30 years old by the way.

Piatek is young and he's going through a purple patch (but he didn't score in his last 2 games), but he's nowhere ready to play for a big club just yet. Potential is there, but there seems to be a big bit of luck involved. Let him stay at Genoa for a full season at least and see what happens.

I would guess that Brands is looking to sign a striker more than any other kind of player. I don't believe it will be Welbeck or Giroud. I think he may be looking again at players signed by the European giants where the move has stuttered or not worked.
Digne, Gomes and Minna indicate to me that this may be the preferred route.
Or the South American market.
Both Brands & Silva have used it before.

take a punt on an unproven youngster in an effort to keep tosun on the bench? we need to make somewhat of a statement signing here if we want to force tosun to fight from the bench and keep richarlison on the left (where i believe is best). we already have dcl and then hornby as an up and coming youngsters. niasse still on the books too? would be very surprised if anything happens during jan

Make a move for Florian Thauvin.

I know he was rubbish at Newcastle and more of a wide man but he has a great record for Marseille...

Sebastian Haller seems to score goals everywhere he goes.

I am in a French mood today...

Make a move for Florian Thauvin.

I know he was rubbish at Newcastle and more of a wide man but he has a great record for Marseille...

Sebastian Haller seems to score goals everywhere he goes.

I am in a French mood today...

staying with the french theme, benzema could be available soon and might be keen for a move to the premier league. sell him the project..

I would guess that Brands is looking to sign a striker more than any other kind of player. I don't believe it will be Welbeck or Giroud. I think he may be looking again at players signed by the European giants where the move has stuttered or not worked.
Digne, Gomes and Minna indicate to me that this may be the preferred route.

Yeah, it won't be someone like bloody Welbeck. None of us were saying mina, digne, gomes and Bernard as realistic options and he snapped them all up out of nowhere, they're a couple of steps above the type of player like welbeck which moyes would have gone for.

We do need to splash big, use our financial clout to get someone in from a CL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back