Possible January striker targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard one isn’t it?

Only striker that would really excite me and if the correct age is Icardi, no chance of him though.

We basically need to find a gem, lucky that’s what Marcel is for and it’s not Steve Walsh taking some Prem Striker who scored 15 one season.

Niasse is what did it for me. So glad he isn't even in our match day squad anymore. If there's one thing Koeman got right its rinsing Niasse of his locker.
I'm not a Niasse hater. He's not a footballer, but he works incredibly hard whenever he puts on the shirt. Same with Cuco. They are arguably the two worst players to play for us over the last 10 years, but I blame the people who bought them. It's the experienced players like Williams, Schneiderlin and Mirallas who can't be arsed half the time that do my head in.

So much hate for a 21 year old still learning the game.

I'd rather save mine for the Williams and Schneiderlins of this world.

I don’t hate Dominic royle-Kane-sharp-Lewin. I just don’t think he’s good, people re naming him is my way of pointing who I have seen him compared to.
Bit like ross Gerard-scholes-lampard-barkley

Would sign a 1st team striker in Janaury then a back up striker in the summer.

1st team striker:

Belotti
Batshuyai
Willian Jose
Bacca

2nd choice back up striker

Josh King
Divock Origi
Glen Murray

I don’t hate Dominic royle-Kane-sharp-Lewin. I just don’t think he’s good, people re naming him is my way of pointing who I have seen him compared to.
Bit like ross Gerard-scholes-lampard-barkley
Only one person has compared him to Joe Royle. One. Out of the whole forum. And, as far as I'm aware, not one other person has agreed with him.

Not one person has said he will be a good as Harry Kane is now. Not one. If you can find one please feel free to quote him. They have only used him as an example of a player who is prolific now but wasn't at DCLs age. Even with Sharpe people have only been saying that they remind him of the player at the same age.

To the best of my knowledge nobody has claimed he will be as good as any of those players. But you carry on twisting their words to suit your agenda.

And as regards Barkley, now he's getting his match fitness and some confidence back, he's starting to look like the player he was with us 2 years ago. IMO we've missed that player just as much as we have missed Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back