Possible January striker targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one person has compared him to Joe Royle. One. Out of the whole forum. And, as far as I'm aware, not one other person has agreed with him.

Not one person has said he will be a good as Harry Kane is now. Not one. If you can find one please feel free to quote him. They have only used him as an example of a player who is prolific now but wasn't at DCLs age. Even with Sharpe people have only been saying that they remind him of the player at the same age.

To the best of my knowledge nobody has claimed he will be as good as any of those players. But you carry on twisting their words to suit your agenda.

And as regards Barkley, now he's getting his match fitness and some confidence back, he's starting to look like the player he was with us 2 years ago. IMO we've missed that player just as much as we have missed Lukaku.

He has been compared to all those players on here mate, nobody is saying he’s going to be as good as Harry Kane? So why are they comparing them? I see nothing special in DRKSL but whenever I say this I’m confronted with the argument about royle, sharon and most often Kane. Two of our best ever strikers and one who has every chance of breaking shearer’s prem scoring record if he stays fit and stay in the prem .

He has been compared to all those players on here mate, nobody is saying he’s going to be as good as Harry Kane? So why are they comparing them? I see nothing special in DRKSL but whenever I say this I’m confronted with the argument about royle, sharon and most often Kane. Two of our best ever strikers and one who has every chance of breaking shearer’s prem scoring record if he stays fit and stay in the prem .
Sharon was amazing for us. True Everton great.

I would guess that Brands is looking to sign a striker more than any other kind of player. I don't believe it will be Welbeck or Giroud. I think he may be looking again at players signed by the European giants where the move has stuttered or not worked.
Digne, Gomes and Minna indicate to me that this may be the preferred route.

That highlights my choice in Gabriel Barbosa. Or Gabigol.
Failed at inter, bad time with injuries on a short loan to benfica but currently on loan at santos and banging them in. His loan expires in january so could attempt a try before you buy deal

show me the posts. Except the Hoe Royle one which I've seen.

That highlights my choice in Gabriel Barbosa. Or Gabigol.
Failed at inter, bad time with injuries on a short loan to benfica but currently on loan at santos and banging them in. His loan expires in january so could attempt a try before you buy deal

Would love this, i feel he would be a great addition

It will be interesting to see what type of striker they will go for.
A tall, powerful target man type or a smaller quicker more technically gifted forward. I think it may be the latter.

We will always have a target man type, who can come off the bench.

show me the posts. Except the Hoe Royle one which I've seen.

About him being compared to Kane? And sharp? Mate I’m not going through hundreds of posts to find it. It has been said and I’m sure other people have seen it, it will happen again soon enough , be patient and I will try to remeber to tagg you in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back