Possible January striker targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been compared to all those players on here mate, nobody is saying he’s going to be as good as Harry Kane? So why are they comparing them? I see nothing special in DRKSL but whenever I say this I’m confronted with the argument about royle, sharon and most often Kane. Two of our best ever strikers and one who has every chance of breaking shearer’s prem scoring record if he stays fit and stay in the prem .

Nobody is comparing DCL to Kane or anyone else. I don't think people realize what comparing people entails on here.

Saying that Kane etc took a while to get going and the same could happen with DCL is not comparing them as players.

About him being compared to Kane? And sharp? Mate I’m not going through hundreds of posts to find it. It has been said and I’m sure other people have seen it, it will happen again soon enough , be patient and I will try to remeber to tagg you in them
What I'm saying Tel is that all of those comparisons were made either to the young Kane/Sharpe, or to make the argument that Kane was not prolific when he was younger, which is the biggest accusation being thrown at DCL. I haven't seen one post that says that he will turn out to be as good as either Kane or Sharpe. You are saying there are loads, which is just not true but it suits your agenda better.

Nobody is comparing DCL to Kane or anyone else. I don't think people realize what comparing people entails on here.

Saying that Kane etc took a while to get going and the same could happen with DCL is not comparing them as players.

Using Kane aged 21 is comparing isn’t it?

No its not at all and you are just proving my point!

Saying that some players come of age later than others and pointing out that the likes of Kane didn't really blossom until 21 is not in any way drawing a comparison between Kane and DCL.

Saying Kane and DCL are similar players would be comparing them.

Ah but you're trying to make out we're comparing him to Kane now, not when he was 21.

Kane's career up until he was 20/21 was not too dissimilar to DCLs, so comparison up until this point is not unjustified. Nobody has actually said that they expect his career to explode the way that Kane's did. In fact most of us are of the opinion that it won't. We just think it's wrong to write him off completely when he's till only 21, which is what you and many others on here have done.

That highlights my choice in Gabriel Barbosa. Or Gabigol.
Failed at inter, bad time with injuries on a short loan to benfica but currently on loan at santos and banging them in. His loan expires in january so could attempt a try before you buy deal
Maybe he doesn’t like playing outside of Brazil
That Immobile lad failed every time he left Italy
Some players just don’t travel well

Seeing some suggestions of Callum Wilson doing the rounds.

1541027358634.webp

His record in the premier league isn't bad but not that amazing, 1-in-3 ish. He is 26 so some would say he's just reaching his prime but Calvert-Lewin got only 1 less goal than him in the league last season, albeit in 13 more apps, and that was under some terrible managers.

What I'm saying Tel is that all of those comparisons were made either to the young Kane/Sharpe, or to make the argument that Kane was not prolific when he was younger, which is the biggest accusation being thrown at DCL. I haven't seen one post that says that he will turn out to be as good as either Kane or Sharpe. You are saying there are loads, which is just not true but it suits your agenda better.

The comparison people make to Kane is with his mentality. Both of them seem to work very hard, and act in a professional way.

Kane was always a very natural goalscorer though. DCL isn't that at all, and even if he improves he will never have that natural goal instinct.

That being said, there are many strikers not as good as Harry Kane who would still be an excellent striker for Everton.

The comparison people make to Kane is with his mentality. Both of them seem to work very hard, and act in a professional way.

Kane was always a very natural goalscorer though. DCL isn't that at all, and even if he improves he will never have that natural goal instinct.

That being said, there are many strikers not as good as Harry Kane who would still be an excellent striker for Everton.
What strikers? Where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back