Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

From a fan point of view, I think it makes sense to allow the games to go ahead, with the natural caveat of a remembrance /celebration for the Queen.

Fans have forked our money, and doesn’t seem right that they be up out of pocket, especially when some aren’t Royalist.

From an Everton perspective, suits me down to the ground, get DCL and Pickford fit.

Utterly disgusted by some of these posts, and ashamed that they come from blues. Somebody has died, yanno, and their family and friends will be heartbroken. By all means don't come out with fake tears, but if you can't say something respectful about the end of a life, then consider just not saying anything, eh?

how-about-no-sloth.gif

If you cancel the football, do you cancel everything?
The golf at Wentworth, the test match, the rugby super League games etc etc. It makes no sense. Sure, weekend of the funeral, give everyone a weeks notice. Fine.
But to just shut everything down is a bit silly.
Have Friday, sure. But then crack on, and have nothing on the weekend of the funeral.
Any other professions being shut down for a bit?
Give these organisations time to make arrangements.

Saying that, I can easily see the league being shut down for a few weeks. Will be sommat along the lines of the national game supporting the national mourning.
Fantastic timing for us. Get over the injuries and bed in the new players in training.

If you cancel the football, do you cancel everything?
The golf at Wentworth, the test match, the rugby super League games etc etc. It makes no sense. Sure, weekend of the funeral, give everyone a weeks notice. Fine.
But to just shut everything down is a bit silly.
Have Friday, sure. But then crack on, and have nothing on the weekend of the funeral.
Any other professions being shut down for a bit?
Give these organisations time to make arrangements.

Saying that, I can easily see the league being shut down for a few weeks. Will be sommat along the lines of the national game supporting the national mourning.
Fantastic timing for us. Get over the injuries and bed in the new players in training.
The Test match tomorrow has been called off.

It's a plan that was set in general for all sport to be called off. This is an unprecedented situation in most people's lifetimes so of course there's going to be somethings that we haven't seen before.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I think it's likely it happens for this weekend. It is what it is, and helps us out at this present time to be honest.

Utterly disgusted by some of these posts, and ashamed that they come from blues. Somebody has died, yanno, and their family and friends will be heartbroken. By all means don't come out with fake tears, but if you can't say something respectful about the end of a life, then consider just not saying anything, eh?

Yep, this is RS behaviour tbh……

Status
Not open for further replies.