Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, given the nature of it, they could well hold the funeral on the Sunday.

I reckon the games this weekend don't go ahead, and our game v West Ham probably gets moved to Saturday.
West ham play next Thursday though so that one would then need to get called off?

I'm not expecting any football this week but didn't expect it to be off next week tbf

I read an article that said the funeral would be on day 11, which would be Monday 19th

West ham play next Thursday though so that one would then need to get called off?

I'm not expecting any football this week but didn't expect it to be off next week tbf

I read an article that said the funeral would be on day 11, which would be Monday 19th
oh yeah forgot about that (West Ham).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/08/operation-unicorn-plans-if-queen-dies-scotland - this explains it but because she died in Scotland it might mean there's different plans, I dunno.

Regardless, I can't see the footy happening this weekend. I mean I'd go ahead with it but it's not my decision and the outcry from certain sections of the media probably wouldn't be worth the negative press for clubs/the leagues. I know fans get left shortchanged, but they know - like the suckers we are - that we'll be back.

Iam expecting the postponment of this weekends Premier League Fixtures , also the 17th,18th of Sept.
This is of course correct and should happen, the 17th Sept the likely date of her Funeral.

Everton will not have played a Premier League match anyother competitive match until i think its the 1st Oct.
The International break.??
We then only have seven weeks i think before we break again for 5/6weeks.Starting the Premier League on Boxing.

There is no way the toughest, most competitive Football League in the World can be considered fair and competitive under these conditions.

The Premier League authorities will try to force an unreasonable number of games onto teams.
With some teams in European Competion, others in knock out Cups FA Cup, Carabo Cup the League will be impossible to complete fairly.

The consequences of relegation for the three bottom clubs beyond calculation the Premier League must consider a NO RELEGATION SEASON.For a team like Everton the conequences could ve so dire, we must present this proposal.
No, European football to keep us sharpe, the asked to play every three days or so, fit in with European Football fixtures.
When Evertons admin, Manager , ect look at oir situation we must argue for a NON RELEGATION SEASON.

W_F.gif

Yep, this is RS behaviour tbh……
I lost my job today, I've got more important things to think about than words on the internet, and a 96 year old women who died today. I'm more concerned as to when the government gets off his arse and fixes the mess they've got the country in. You can stick your 'RS behaviour' crass comment where the sun don't shine.

Iam expecting the postponment of this weekends Premier League Fixtures , also the 17th,18th of Sept.
This is of course correct and should happen, the 17th Sept the likely date of her Funeral.

Everton will not have played a Premier League match anyother competitive match until i think its the 1st Oct.
The International break.??
We then only have seven weeks i think before we break again for 5/6weeks.Starting the Premier League on Boxing.

There is no way the toughest, most competitive Football League in the World can be considered fair and competitive under these conditions.

The Premier League authorities will try to force an unreasonable number of games onto teams.
With some teams in European Competion, others in knock out Cups FA Cup, Carabo Cup the League will be impossible to complete fairly.

The consequences of relegation for the three bottom clubs beyond calculation the Premier League must consider a NO RELEGATION SEASON.For a team like Everton the conequences could ve so dire, we must present this proposal.
No, European football to keep us sharpe, the asked to play every three days or so, fit in with European Football fixtures.
When Evertons admin, Manager , ect look at oir situation we must argue for a NON RELEGATION SEASON.
Drivel. We have an easier ride than clubs competing in Europe. For those it is tough luck, price of success, for us an advantage

I lost my job today, I've got more important things to think about than words on the internet, and a 96 year old women who died today. I'm more concerned as to when the government gets off his arse and fixes the mess they've got the country in. You can stick your 'RS behaviour' crass comment where the sun don't shine.
sorry to hear you've lost your job, I hope you find a new one very soon

the media - and government - have massively got their priorities wrong, of course, but we know that

likewise, the Queen passing is of course, naturally, a big story. But they will act like nothing else is important when we all know that is far from the case.

The Test match tomorrow has been called off.

It's a plan that was set in general for all sport to be called off. This is an unprecedented situation in most people's lifetimes so of course there's going to be somethings that we haven't seen before.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I think it's likely it happens for this weekend. It is what it is, and helps us out at this present time to be honest.
It's just the day though isn't if for the cricket, and the golf. But surely if you shut down the football all weekend, then everything else goes?

No idea what the right answer is.
In all fairness I am not fussed either way.
Whatever happens, happens. I just don't get why a certain industry gets shut down and nothing else does. Weird.

Sorry you lost your job. Don't know how old you are but the UK is a dead loss as far as you can see. Get to the Nordics, Netherlands etc. Civilisation still has a grasp in most of continental Europe

It's just the day though isn't if for the cricket, and the golf. But surely if you shut down the football all weekend, then everything else goes?

No idea what the right answer is.
In all fairness I am not fussed either way.
Whatever happens, happens. I just don't get why a certain industry gets shut down and nothing else does. Weird.
They're going to make a decision on the rest of the days tomorrow (which just makes it even more awkward IMO).

It'd probably be all sport. Footy is just the most prominent mate, which is why it's the one leading the reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.