Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Rugby league the one that’s played in Eaton, or is it the one where all the lads rim their bellends around pints of piss and sing come on Eileen for bantz? I forget which is which.

….aside from injuries, I think Lampard will appreciate two clear weeks of working with, assessing & integrating the new players.

A break will be just what Onana in particular could do with given the intensity of his introduction & gives Dominic Calvert-Lewin more time to get up to speed.
Agree. But just keep them off the training pitch. With our luck we will be putting out a scratch team for the first match back.

On a different note, I'm not a royalist by any stretch but think postponement it the correct thing logistically. Think of all the games across the Premier and Football League taking place in London this weekend, now combine that with all the mourning stuff that will be taking place. Would be a nightmare,especially for people travelling to and from for footy games.

….aside from injuries, I think Lampard will appreciate two clear weeks of working with, assessing & integrating the new players.

A break will be just what Onana in particular could do with given the intensity of his introduction & gives Dominic Calvert-Lewin more time to get up to speed.
Just imagine how many injuries we will pick up after 2 weeks of Training.

I will miss the queen in a way I'll miss the Old Lady in Walton when it's demolished for crap to be built. So yes I was sad to hear the news.
Not because of anything else than my Nan. Grandad's and now gone relatives all respected her and memories came flooding back of nicer days before the internet and the crap it's brought with it on social media.

An end of an era thing I guess. Not a bad word for the Queen from me either, why should there be? It was not her choice to be queen. As for the cancellation of the games this week, atrocious decision IMHO, but not a decision the Queen or any of the Royal family made or would ask for.
It's the Premier league and FA who've called it. Those same guys that most despise on here.

Gutted for fans of both sides who have made travel and accommodation arrangements and were coming from a distance to see this game.

It is not fair on them.

Personally, I don’t believe normal life should be suspended for nearly two weeks because one old person…nor indeed a young person…has died.

Cricket is proceeding over the weekend so IMO there is no need for these games to be postponed as a “mark of respect”.

Having said that….I don’t think we would have won on Sunday and after last week’s encouraging display we could have done without a trip to Arsenal next up.

We need that first win under our belt.

Now our next game is Saints away (I am assuming next week’s games are off as well) and that looks a much more winnable game.

That is the positive I am taking from it anyway.

It is all we can do ?

If the met office can show some respect and not post weather updates, surly we can follow and not play ball

Screenshot_20220909-172910_Twitter.jpg

On a different note, I'm not a royalist by any stretch but think postponement it the correct thing logistically. Think of all the games across the Premier and Football League taking place in London this weekend, now combine that with all the mourning stuff that will be taking place. Would be a nightmare,especially for people travelling to and from for footy games.
Sack off the mourning then. Should be a private, family affair. Forced mourning and grief a sad sign of the times.
People will be playing golf/in pubs why not at football?

Status
Not open for further replies.