Postponment of Premier League fixtures due to the death of Her Majesty the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be so disrespectful about football going ahead?

Also, if the sentiment is that a lot of the country are going to be genuinely upset or struggling with the news then if anything distractions are going to be good for people to take their mind off things and have a sense of normality. Not to mention how many people are going to end up out of pocket in the middle of a cost of living crisis. It's a ridiculous decision with nothing behind it other than people thinking about optics.
I never said it would be disrespectful if it went ahead. I just gave my opinion on why I thought it was being cancelled.

Some utterly gobshite blues in our midst, thought we all had that bit of dignity, respect and humility that set us apart from the rest.

YOU WILL GRIEVE!

Attachments

• fascism-2.jpg
    fascism-2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 27

Yeah, most kids are a lot more resilient than most adults.

It still doesn't sit right with me though. Dragging kids into it. Especially the younger ones. There was people there with pushchairs, looking all sad and teary. That's brilliant for a 3-year-old that, isn't it?

Their minds are full of wonder and imagination at that age. For some of them - for probably only a short amount of time, admittedly - it'll be upsetting.

They should be left well out of it, imo. If they don't ask about it, don;t tell them anything about it. I'm sure they'll pick up the historical significance of it as they get older, if that sort of thing takes their interest.
They don't care, told my 6 year old, she said.. yeah and now there's a king and a queen, there used to be a queen and a Prince, but they are both dead now, why was there a Prince and not a king? I had no idea how to answer this..

Status
Not open for further replies.