Pre season.

I think we need to start again building a fan base closer to home with a new generation, a few games in Ireland / Scotland / Wales even like Cheshire, combination of 1st team and U21 games. Young kids in those areas will only likely see prem teams on TV and could be swayed to have a long term interest in teams that they see live, why most now you see all wear City shirts and previous generations Utd shirts. You'd need to do this for a few summers mind.
Wouldn't mind a game against Celtic, Wrexham (for the publicity), and I reckon we might get a game against Plymouth now Rooney is there.

I think we need to start again building a fan base closer to home with a new generation, a few games in Ireland / Scotland / Wales even like Cheshire, combination of 1st team and U21 games. Young kids in those areas will only likely see prem teams on TV and could be swayed to have a long term interest in teams that they see live, why most now you see all wear City shirts and previous generations Utd shirts. You'd need to do this for a few summers mind.
Wouldn't mind a game against Celtic, Wrexham (for the publicity), and I reckon we might get a game against Plymouth now Rooney is there.
Used to love pre season, teams coming over to Ireland for 2 to 3 weeks. don`t know how it would fit in with LOI now summer season, but would be good to see us over here regular for pre season again. It was embarrassing when we played Arsenal a few years back in Indonesia. Only a sprinkling of blue shirts in a stadium of 60000 or so fans in it. Our partnership with Chang really grew the fan base over there.

Possible Rovers to officially open the new stand up in Tallaght with the team staying and using the facilities at Carton house . Weekend of July 12th

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back