Pressing in football

Status
Not open for further replies.
So big men can't press for 90 minutes?

Djokovic, Federer, Murray etc.. manage up to 5 hours of high intensity.
Big bulky football players struggle with high intensity pressing. It seems like an obvious thing that a big guy will struggle to run around as he has more weight to carry

Ibrahimovic cant press at all. He's won the ball quite a few times though game intelligence

Still scoring goals and making chances though

Rugby League & Union is full of 17st+ blokes running non stop. Tennis players at 6' 5" bust a gut for every point!

Koeman is no idiot. He's been around top players all his life. He knows winning mentality from going through the motions.

It's seems that Koeman is keen on this. Lukaku will struggle with this and I don't want him chasing shadows all the time.
Barkley is trying but this is not his game.
Have Koeman teams always been like this?

So what teams will be pressing this season for those who know about football tactics.

The R's for starters.
????

Don't understand? It's not his game to work hard and close down when his designated man/men receive the ball?
He's doing it quite well so far.

Teams will work out how to play against a team that presses up, my guess will be sit deep and when they are ready to press and chase, play that ball over the top to take out the 5/6 players pressing and go on the attack yourselves

Teams will work out how to play against a team that presses up, my guess will be sit deep and when they are ready to press and chase, play that ball over the top to take out the 5/6 players pressing and go on the attack yourselves
Liverpool had 80% possession against Burnley and lost, so ask that ginger bloke who looks like a bouncer!

Status
Not open for further replies.