Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Preview: Chelsea v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I hear on here is 'time to gel' 'work in progress' and 'played 3 games'

Truth is we are crap
All I hear on here is we're crap after a loss and world beaters after a win. I don't see us finishing any better than 7th this season, we've done well in the transfer market but we are still playing catch up with the top 6 after years of doing nothing. Win a cup and be closer to the top 6 and I would say that's a good season.

Just goes to prove when we had Lewin on playing as a main striker how much better we looked. Koeman just go and sign an out and out striker as we desperately need one.

Not sure about all the posters having a go at people moaning.

Do we expect to beat Chelsea 4-0? No, of course not. Ive got no problem with the scoreline either as they are a quality team and losses are part of football.

However, people have every right to moan about the manner of defeat. Inviting them to attack at every opportunity, panicking on the ball everytime they glanced in our direction, constantly turning to go back to the keeper who only handed back possession anyway, hoofing nothing balls up to nobody, sloppy passing and standing to watch them take all the time in the world to do what they wanted. Plus there was no movement at all.

Fair enough we may have been slightly tired so we couldnt press much, but constantly chasing the ball is worse.

Well congrats if you made it all the way through that one. Can only get better I suppose. Bit of a much needed rest now and then onto part 2 of our epic start. Please, please, please spend another hundred mil this week Ronny lad. I'm off to shoot some bad guys to vent my frustration. (Ghost Recon).

...settled for 2-0 at half-time if I'm honest.

Well done travelling fans, you deserve better.

Said to my brother at half time, we will see if we try to get back in the game or just settle for not getting battered, the sub instantly showed that.

Dcl on at the half with Williams off should have been the change.

More I see of Williams the more I want him nowhere near this team. Seemed intent on trying to unsettle pickford today

I think this game revealed a couple of things we have been seeing with a few of the players:

1. Davies just isnt consistent enough for a starting role yet. I think he particularly struggles in games where the other midfield is fast and pressing. Hes just not quite there yet, and thats fine.
2. Sandro isnt able to lead the line. His touch is too poor for that, hes better in space where he can use his abilities, when its too congested he struggles, so he needs to play on the wing.

In all while a better result would have been great, 2-0 from one of our 2 toughest fixtures of the season is a much improved result. I think we still have to get a striker in, and when we do, I think our front 5 in games against lesser opponents will be New Great Striker up top, Sandro and Rooney on the wings. and Siggy and Klaassen in behind the striker. I think we will continue to struggle offensively until we get a real striker with good hold up play.

we have our excuses , like 2 games in 6 days, but there are issues there.

we have 2 pub league players n defence , our attacking play was awful, the manager set out for a draw from the start, 3 at the back didn't work, the manager changed things too late, we have good players but the blend of the squad isn't right, the passing is awful.

positives - dcl looks a very decent option and besic looked more comfortable this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back