Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Preview: Chelsea v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a rest. Have you expected him to score a hattrick by now.
No I expect him to show some grit. But tge entire teams obviously not in the mood as the first half showed. Chelsea is no man c, they punish you whenever they have the chance to do so. Come on!

Don't think another forward is what we need here... We need faster fullbacks and clever midfielders... We need a new Bainaar.... Or a ColemSomething. Holegate good defender but pap in attack. Baines becoming slow.... These are the areas we need to strengthen if it's how we want to play. I'm not worried as this is Chelsea we are playing but we need to find a working system and a system we can actually play.

Apart from the score, how has the game been? Has it been as uneven as the scoreline suggests?

Moreso. We haven't had a touch in their area. Could/should be about 4-0.

We've been outclassed, simple as that. But we're away to the champions; if there's a game to not turn up in, I'd rather it was this than Brighton at home.

Really dislike the 3 at the back. I don't think we have the players to play that formation
The times when it worked best last season were when Holgate was one of the 3 and his pace got us out of trouble. Williams and Jags in a 3 doesn't work with no pace alongside them.

it's not the scoreline. Its the formation, the lack of effort and the players out of position/player picks. Sandro is not a lone striker. he'd be better playing where rooney is. davies and gana don't work together, three at the back doesn't work... i could go on

We've been completely swamped in midfield and our 3-5-2 formation has actually looked like a 5-4-1, Sandro upfront is isolated beyond belief and the only option available to the player on the ball is to go backwards which invites even more pressure. Get DCL on for either Jags or Williams second half and at least carry some threat or we are well on our way to another 5-0 bumming.
It's how our 3-5-2 always looks. It's so frustrating that we continue playing it. The fullbacks are very important and ours offer no threat at all and refuse to pass forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back