Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Preview: Chelsea v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've played poorly in almost every game this season and before today we have had 4 wins and 2 draws, doesn't seem too bad to me. Just think what will happen when we click! :) I'm sure Koeman's told them what he wants but it's whether those players are available, can't just buy for buyings sake.
That's a positive spin on it, but what happens when the luck runs out.

I personally feel like buying siggy was literally what you've just described, buying for buyings sake.

I don't think it's as important as the 3 I mentioned

Look at Burnley they got 3 against these players with quality on the ball and movement.

If you want to talk quality on ball and movement, then compare to the City game we drew with them yet City look miles ahead of Chelsea in terms of quality and movement.

We just seem to give up far too easily in these big games
We need the manager to be more positive, maybe that will come higher quality players

Has Sandro not fully recovered from his injury or is he just not that good as I had hoped/not used to the Premier League yet? I thought we could have a proper go at them with him up front... we really missed Schneiderlin today I thought, our midfield was somehow incomplete without him and we got run over far too often, they easily piled the pressure on our defence and we were nowhere near as resolute as against our previous oppositions (Keane didn't have his best game today either).

That's the exact performance you get when you fill your team full of "industry". You get no respite because there isn't one player in the squad who can make something of nothing

Well I guess compared to the City and Chelsea games last season there's like the slightest slimmest improvement.

Which means, by reckoning, we should expect a 1-1 draw to City and 1-0 loss to Chelsea next season

Why we got rid of barry I don't know.

Sell jimmy as he is never ever going to play, get some real money for him and keep Baz. Obviously.

Baz would have had plenty opportunity to play also.

We didn't really get rid of Barry. He knew he would get the odd game for us but at his age he wanted more. With WBA interested in him and promising more game time he felt that was the way to go. Accepting a WBA 1 year contract and refusing a 2 year contract with us shows we did not get rid of him. See what you are saying though as I rated Barry very highly.

We didn't really get rid of Barry. He knew he would get the odd game for us but at his age he wanted more. With WBA interested in him and promising more game time he felt that was the way to go. Accepting a WBA 1 year contract and refusing a 2 year contract with us shows we did not get rid of him. See what you are saying though as I rated Barry very highly.
True say, but at the very least we should have had a replacement lined up. It's not like west broms interest came quickly, it was known for a while!

I didn't see a single kick mate. And by the sound of people's comments on Grand Old Team (an Everton forum) , it appears I didn't miss much!
How did your lads go?

Poor today. Koeman needs to work out what his best team and formation is. Too much chopping and changing. It may help to set the team up the same way for every opposition rather than deferring to CL teams every time we play them.

Poor ball retention....
The reason why we had more shots in the last 10 mins was because Chelsea sat back deeper and didn't press.

and it wasn't anything to do with a back 4 and Lennon and DCL on. Chelsea just said lets sit back and give Everton a chance of scoring and the potential of a scarey last 5 minutes.

I know you like Davies Joey but he was really poor today and I actually thought we played better with the tactics you thought was absurd. Besic played really well today and can hold his head high. If Besic stays fit I can see him having a good shout to start games.
At centre half ? Then we only have two centre backs - nothing to do taking Davies off it was the formation 2-0 down and we go six at the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back