Prostate Cancer ….. Basic Self Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Bit of Advice

Those of us who might be a little unhealthy (myself included) have to pay attention to our heart and lungs too. One way to avoid some water retention problems (which can be part and parcel of the "difficulty peeing" thing) is to get some medication to make sure you go often..

If you are a bit breathless (perhaps you are overweight or smoke too much) go see your doctor. Check your heart, whether you are in sinus rhythm or not.. check your pulse (you can do that yourself!) or Blood Pressure (usually available for free at the likes of Boots)

Gentlemen
Prostate cancer is real and the demographic on this forum is very much susceptible to it.
A close friend of mine told me one day that I appear to have some of the symptoms … so I called the doctor … who did a basic test (PSA blood sample) and from that I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer
That was 4 years ago . I still have some cancer and it’s under control but if I hadn’t been warned by my friend the situation might be much worse
So please listen to me
Let me be your friend
WATCH OUT FOR THESE SIMPLE SYMPTOMS
1 Frequency of pee visits especially in the night … DO NOT IGNORE THIS AS IF ITS A SIGN OF NORMAL AGEING it is but it should also be taken as a possible warning sign

2 Flow rate …. Simply put ( and quoted by the late great Parkinson ) if you can’t stand a step away from a wall and write your initials in pee you need a check .

Both of the above symptoms are probably benign symptoms but gentlemen do not ignore them.

The best thing to do is ask your Doctor for a PSA blood test … there is nothing to worry about here …. Nothing will be inserted anywhere other than a needle in your arm.

The PSA isn’t a perfect test but it’s good enough for peace of mind

3 Other symptoms such as blood and pain when peeing are a no brainer … get to the doctor immediately

PROSTATE CANCER IS THE MOST COMMON CANCER IN MEN BUT IT ONLY KILLS WHEN ITS DETECTED LATE

WATCH YOUR FLOW
BE AWARE OF HOW OFTEN YOU GO
REGULARLY ASK YOUR DOCTOR FOR A PSA TEST

thanks for listening
Is back ache a symptom?

Is back ache a symptom?
I have to say yes
But it’s a late symptom and can indicate the cancer has spread
but mate the are 60 million other causes to backache that have nothing to do with prostate cancer
If you have or suspect you have any of the other symptoms get yourself to the doctor IMMEDIATELY just for peace of mind
Otherwise get a physio to check out the back
I hope this helps I’m not a doctor but I suffer a back issue too and it’s not prostate related

I have to say yes
But it’s a late symptom and can indicate the cancer has spread
but mate the are 60 million other causes to backache that have nothing to do with prostate cancer
If you have or suspect you have any of the other symptoms get yourself to the doctor IMMEDIATELY just for peace of mind
Otherwise get a physio to check out the back
I hope this helps I’m not a doctor but I suffer a back issue too and it’s not prostate related
I get up almost every night to pee, but in recent days I started with back ache but my job involves me driving 6-8 hours a day so might be connected to that

Another Bit of Advice

Those of us who might be a little unhealthy (myself included) have to pay attention to our heart and lungs too. One way to avoid some water retention problems (which can be part and parcel of the "difficulty peeing" thing) is to get some medication to make sure you go often..

If you are a bit breathless (perhaps you are overweight or smoke too much) go see your doctor. Check your heart, whether you are in sinus rhythm or not.. check your pulse (you can do that yourself!) or Blood Pressure (usually available for free at the likes of Boots)
I hope Benitez has read this , good advice for a man in his condition.

I had my prostate removed in Dec 18 following on from my annual check up with my GP followed by a referral to a surgeon and subsequent surgery...start to finish about four months and six months check ups going forward.

Make sure you get your annual check up including the finger up the a_hole and have blood tests to determine psa blood levels

If detected early prostate cancer is something you die with not from.

I get up almost every night to pee, but in recent days I started with back ache but my job involves me driving 6-8 hours a day so might be connected to that
Prostate cancer does move to the bones when it escapes from the Prostate sack.
However, the pin in the back can be work related age related, a number of ther causes.
I had a very stiff sore back I the morning, turns out it was tight hamstrings, something I didn't think I had in the first place.

My daughter is a final year med student.
She said that when in first year in college they are told relating to diagnosis...if you hear hoofbeats...think horses not zebras.
That is that usually the answer is simple and ordinary rather the exotic life ending ailment that jumps into our mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.