Pubs for Burnley game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello seeking help from the GOT hivemind. I know countless of these threads been done before but I can't find any with the answers I seek.

Got tickets for the Everton v Burnley league cup game an I am buzzing. First match I been to this season so going to make the long long trek from North Wales.

Got a non Evertonian friend coming up to watch it with me and I was just looking for recommendations for good pubs before and after the match?

Been to plenty of match days in my time but normally I have been driving or with family and have ended up avoiding the pubs. So looking to get sunk into them this time.

Any advice is appreciated
It is Burnley. Get your jabs and take a flask and sandwiches

Hello seeking help from the GOT hivemind. I know countless of these threads been done before but I can't find any with the answers I seek.

Got tickets for the Everton v Burnley league cup game an I am buzzing. First match I been to this season so going to make the long long trek from North Wales.

Got a non Evertonian friend coming up to watch it with me and I was just looking for recommendations for good pubs before and after the match?

Been to plenty of match days in my time but normally I have been driving or with family and have ended up avoiding the pubs. So looking to get sunk into them this time.

Any advice is appreciated
Brick

you mean the regulars who have known each other at least 20 years ( don't all regulars get looked after in pubs they visit all the time )ng
Within reason, letting one person jump the queue is understandable but when there's a steady flow of people coming to the bar after you and getting served before you it gets a bit silly.

If only regulars who'd know each other 20 years went in then matchday wouldn't be so lucrative. The matchday customers who aren't regulars almost certainly enable the pub to stay in business for their regulars so a bit of fairness on matchday wouldn't go amiss imo.

Within reason, letting one person jump the queue is understandable but when there's a steady flow of people coming to the bar after you and getting served before you it gets a bit silly.

If only regulars who'd know each other 20 years went in then matchday wouldn't be so lucrative. The matchday customers who aren't regulars almost certainly enable the pub to stay in business for their regulars so a bit of fairness on matchday wouldn't go amiss imo.
For a pub that is apparently universally hated it sure gets packed on match days. I’ve been going in there pre-match for about 20 years and see the same faces all the time. I am sure there are many on here who would know me by sight, as I would them. As it’s predicted as the first pub to go, I wonder who all these regulars are getting served first? That’s apart from me of course, just have to snap me fingers at Yvonne

For a pub that is apparently universally hated it sure gets packed on match days. I’ve been going in there pre-match for about 20 years and see the same faces all the time. I am sure there are many on here who would know me by sight, as I would them. As it’s predicted as the first pub to go, I wonder who all these regulars are getting served first? That’s apart from me of course, just have to snap me fingers at Yvonne
I don't hate it, I'm indifferent to it. And personally I think it's as much the customer who's being served before their turn who's to blame for this scandalous practice - if I'm at a bar and someone's been their longer than me I always point this out to the staff... basic manners really.

But yeah, nobody is forced to go in a pub like that and as you say plenty do choose to. That doesn't mean those who choose not to can't state their reasons on a thread about pubs near the ground does it?

Even though I do get “Bitter,Tom”, I will always point to someone if they were there before me. Many of the pubs may close when the ground move goes through, but they are all working together to see if there is something to be done with transport to the new gaffe

Even though I do get “Bitter,Tom”, I will always point to someone if they were there before me. Many of the pubs may close when the ground move goes through, but they are all working together to see if there is something to be done with transport to the new gaffe
I've heard a few are looking at shuttle busses back and forth.

It's a nice idea but I can't see it lasting much beyond the first season. New routines will inevitably form.

Places like The Brick will only survive if they have enough regulars, not just matchday regulars.

I've heard a few are looking at shuttle busses back and forth.

It's a nice idea but I can't see it lasting much beyond the first season. New routines will inevitably form.

Places like The Brick will only survive if they have enough regulars, not just matchday regulars.
Well I am a Friday afternoon man and the same 15-20 faces are always in there. It does have good relationships with supporters clubs who are visiting the pit. Rangers fans drank a river of Vodka in there last season 😂.

Until some new places open up closer to the ground then I’m not sure what people will do.

Good luck to them, always a shame when a pub shuts down and all that's left of it is memories.

Well I am a Friday afternoon man and the same 15-20 faces are always in there. It does have good relationships with supporters clubs who are visiting the pit. Rangers fans drank a river of Vodka in there last season 😂.

Until some new places open up closer to the ground then I’m not sure what people will do.
Yeah, it's going to be odd.

Some. Have had the same routine for 60 odd years or more.

Poor sods :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.