Questions From Newcastle Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we know how Alan Pardew does his research.

Q1
Joel
Hibbert, Stones, Antolin, Garbutt
Osman
Gueye, Naismith, Deulofeu,
McAleny, Vellios

Q5 Magaye - You should defo play Perch. Your key man. Oh and Hermann Gosling.

Q7. Suppose you want me to say Sunderland will go down. I think Fulham, Cardiff and West Brom should go down but Palace will probably take Albion's place.

Q9. Newcastle 4 Everton 5 - another goal feast from Carver's Crew and Bobby's Boys (Hibbert to score the last minute winner, sorry about that - keep an eye out for the parties on The Bigg Market)

Q10. We'd be a haggis - it looks just like Bill's missing purse and just as rare. Both full of magic beans.

1 – How do you think you’ll line up? Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, McGeady, Mirallas, McCarthy, Barry, Osman, Lukaku
2 – How has Everton’s season gone so far? Happy? Brilliant up until Oviedo's horrible injury. That took the wind out of our sails and it's been all uphill from there. Can't complain for a first season under a new manager, but we could have done so much better.
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed? It's between Stones and Barkley, for me. Stones: Came in from not even looking at the first team last season, to playing quite a few matches as injury cover. Apart from the odd mistake (which you'd expect as he's only 19) he's been great. Barkley: no explanation needed. Knew he'd be good but I didn't realise Martinez would play him anywhere near this much. Must have been Moyes holding him back. In terms of under-performing, I'd say Mirallas. So much potential, so little consistency.
4 – How good is Ross Barkley? Should he go to Brazil? And start? Yes, he should go. He should make the bench if Hodgson really wants to bring a new generation along. He won't though. He'll stick with Gerrard and Lampard unless there is an injury.
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? For us, McCarthy and Barry. They'll hold the whole game together for us. Barkley will be key if he comes on as a substitute. I don't think he'll start. For you, I reckon Krul will have a great game and make some very vital saves.
6 – Where do you think Everton will finish now? Fifth. Top four would require a major Arsenal cock-up.
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now? Eighth or ninth. Can't see anyone else finishing around there apart from you and Southampton.
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? The current top six and bottom three will stay the same.
9 – Scoreline prediction? 3-0 to us. Krul will keep it 0-0 until midway.
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? An Artichoke. They look boss but are vulnerable to aphids which feed off of them, holding their growth back. Our aphid is Kenwright.

Hi lads, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. We are grateful to anyone who takes the time to answer them. The questions are:

1 – How do you think you’ll line up? Big man up front. Hoof it to him and catch you on the break.
2 – How has Everton’s season gone so far? Happy? Terribly. Wish we had a bit more rigidity at the back and less passing.
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed? Jelavic turning a profit. Lukaku shaving his hair.
4 – How good is Ross Barkley? Should he go to Brazil? And start? Terrible. and TalkSport DJs can't help him improve. But he should probably start on him.
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? The Everton players that make the move to put Everton 4-0 up after 12 minutes
6 – Where do you think Everton will finish now? Last game is at Hull, so probably at KC Stadium
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now? Lower than they think they should. Higher than everyone else thinks they should.
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? Everton. Not Everton.
9 – Scoreline prediction? Loads.
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? Stephen Hawkins. School of Science.

Thanks again.

1 – How do you think you’ll line up?

-----------------Howard--------------------

Coleman----Jagielka---Distin---------Baines

Mirallas----Barry-----McCarthy------McGeady/Deleufeyew

----------------Barkley/Osman---------------

------------------Lukaku----------------------

2 – How has Everton’s season gone so far? Happy?

Yes and no. Early doors i think we drew our first three games and we were getting frustrated but we were playing good football. I am happy with how well we have done adapting to the new system and not compromising our league position as a result. I am also happy with the players we have brought in on loan but once they leave we are left with a threadbare squad again and martinez will need to be shrewd in the transfer market in the summer. The biggest problem we have is that we have an attacking style but we do not have the players capable of pulling it off like Liverpool can. The dissapointments have been losing to Arsenal in the FA Cup and 4-0 demolishing at Anfield. The highs have been beating Man Utd 1-0 at Old Trafford and seeing Barkley emerge into the first team, also loving coleman's efforts at right back this year. If we finish in the top 6 I will be happy as it will be a return to European football.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed?

Coleman is the biggest suprise. A right back who has scored goals for fun which are not from set pieces, pretty unheard of. New Dani Alves.

Oviedo was also brilliant in his cameo appearances till he got injured.

Biggest dissapointment has to be Stones. The lad is young but he has all the hallmarks of being a league 1 Defender not Prem quality at all. Notable mentions go to Alcaraz who is constantly injured and Robles aka mr punchy.

4 – How good is Ross Barkley? Should he go to Brazil? And start?

Ok this lad is actually good. Unlike stones when I see Barkley i see star quality. He is attacking minded, he is not afraid to take on players, he is big, strong and a beast. He is getting better all the time. Is he good enough to be going to a World Cup?? i do not know, i think he should go and I want him to go but i do not see him starting. I imagine if he did go he would have the 'walcott experience' when Sven took him to the World Cup and didn't play him at all.

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?

Ben Arfa for you's. I always think he's a quality player when we play each other. Notable shouts for Remy as well.

Our key players will probably be Barkley and Lukaku.

6 – Where do you think Everton will finish now?

6th or 7th

7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?

anywhere between 8-10

8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?

Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man City
Everton
Man Utd

Fulham
Cardiff
West Brom

9 – Scoreline prediction?

1-1

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?

An eggplant because its purple like Purple Aki.

Last edited:

Martinez will probably make a couple of changes to freshen things up, Osman and Deulofeu in contention.

Of course happy, but with a feeling that we've missed out on a big opportunity in the FA Cup.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed?

Noone's mentioned Naismith yet : he's exceeded expectations. Biggest disappointments have been the injuries that have crippled Gibson and Kone's seasons and deprived us of Lacina Traore.

He has to go to Brazil. He's exciting, he can make things happen as he did today, he has massive potential. Wilshere and Cleverley aren't in his league. But he has a lot to prove to Hodgson if he's to get near the starting lineup - can he be relied on to perform consistently, can he increase his goals and assists, has his decision making improved. Next couple of months could be big for him.

Your full backs could be key - can they keep Coleman / Baines at bay ? With Martinez's Everton you never know who the key players will be, the man of the match changes with every game.

6th

9th

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Everton, Spurs

Fulham, Cardiff, West Brom

1-1

With our brilliant Belgians, obviously a Brussels sprout !

1) Probably similar to today, but maybe he'll rotate Deulofeu and Osman into the team.

2) Started off great, dipped a bit, but all things considered it's been an excellent season for us. There was an unknown factor to Martinez but he's come in and made us all proud to be blue again.

3) Seamus Coleman for me. I knew he was hot shiz, but he's stepped it up another level. Aside from all the goals, he's just a little terror all game. McCarthy and Barry have also been revelations, as was Bryan Oviedo before his injury cruelly ended his season. Disappointment wise Mirallas would be number 1 -- aside from Kone/Traore/Gibson, as injuries have stopped them from appearing. Mirallas has statistically had a good season and I love him to bits, but we're all waiting for him to click and stop having one great game now and then, and start doing it regularly.

4) Talent wise he is exceptional and with the right guidance and ego-management he can be the finest English player since Rooney, no doubt -- maybe even better. But his awareness could improve alongside his decision-making. England are uber gash so he should be on the plane, but I wouldn't be starting him yet. Not that it'd faze him.

5) Probably the ones who put the ball in the net, mate.

6) 6th, though I think we should finish 5th.

7) Top 10, but they won't close the gap on the top 7.

8) Thinking City/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal/United or Spurs (can only see one ahead of us)/Everton
Fulham and Cardiff. Not sure who else. Hopefully Stoke.

9) 2-2

10) Asparagus. It's good for the most part, but after so long it does weird things to you.

Amusing story : I was in Matamata (a rural town a couple of hours south of Auckland) and went to the deli counter at the supermarket and asked for artichoke hearts. The girl there replied "try the butchery section" lol

Newcastle and Us have a lot in common, both are passionate about their football and team, and both have a clueless chairman too eager to sell the family silver when offers come in.

I want to smash The Barcodes every time we play them, but I respect their support, some of the best.

Amusing story : I was in Matamata (a rural town a couple of hours south of Auckland) and went to the deli counter at the supermarket and asked for artichoke hearts. The girl there replied "try the butchery section" lol
you didn't disappoint. You were right that is amusing.

Couple of changes from today. Osman and or Naismith to come in for Barkley and Delofluff for McGeady
Yes, better football to watch and great home record. Love the new boss
Naismith. Mirallas.
Very but inconsistent. No and no.
Our defence will be key for us. I always fancy us to score so it's if we can keep it solid. Not seen enough of your games to comment.
5th
9th
Spurs will miss out from the current. Cardiff, Fulham, Sunderland.
1-2
Big canny cucumber

Newcastle and Us have a lot in common, both are passionate about their football and team, and both have a clueless chairman too eager to sell the family silver when offers come in.

I want to smash The Barcodes every time we play them, but I respect their support, some of the best.

Our fans aren't a majority of bell ends, we're a big club, our history is littered with success and trophies and we've never been relegated from the prem.

lot of differences like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back