Questions From Newcastle Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our fans aren't a majority of bell ends, we're a big club, our history is littered with success and trophies and we've never been relegated from the prem.

lot of differences like
I'm not talking about honours, I'm talking about the support they give to their club, on that, they can not be faulted.

yeah i know, just wanted to point it out as they think they're bigger than us like - the message will get across from this thread.
They are nowhere near a bigger club, those who think so are blinded by the Sky era, Manure where not a bigger club if you take away the last 25 years, with the league being 130+ years old! let's hope what goes around comes around and one day soon we get some investment! we don't need a lot, just more than what we've had under Kenwright.

I'm only going to answer one question...

Barkley is the most talented English footballer of his generation. Without any doubt. The way he is so natural with the ball is unusual for someone from these shores. Should definitely go to Brazil, not sure about starting games as he's technically a year behind where he should be (was out for a long time with a triple leg break). Even after watching him a lot this season, I still am often marvelling at the awareness and touch he has. For me the highlight of this season is seeing the lad make it in the first team.

1 – How do you think you’ll line up?
Same as today although Deulofeu might come in for Mirallas and if Jags is fit he'll replace Stones

2 – How has Everton’s season gone so far? Happy?
Very happy especially as I find our games far more enjoyable to watch and like seeing all the youngsters play. What with changing a long time manager, altering our style of play to a possesion game and having an entirely new strike force/midfield I'm surprised at how quickly we have adapted. We've also done it despite making a profit although that is double edged sword as more investment in Jan was really needed but its the same for youselves.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed?
Probably Barry as I really only had that image of him being beaten by Ozil against England. He doesn't stand out so much on highlight reels but over 90 mins he is so important at winning the ball back or a simple pass forward and his calmness has really helped Barkley/McCarthy

Baines has disappointed me, not because he is playing bad (there is no-one else I'd rather have take a penalty or free kick) but he's shown he can play so much better than he has been for a lot of this season. Hopefully now he is over his injury and the transfer speculation has died down he'll be back to his old self as he is one of my fav players.

4 – How good is Ross Barkley? Should he go to Brazil? And start?
Still very raw but he has that spark that the best players do, think martinez is a great manager to help him iron out the problems. Yes but think all the younger players should for experience as we are unlikely to get far anyhow. Then we could have a young settled team with tournament experience ready for Euro 2016 when the climate suits us better. But Hodgson will take Cleverley instead.

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? Our midfield partnership of Barry/McCarthy is so important in us keeping the ball to pass to the creative types or winning it back.
We've had a couple of keepers have great games against us (Marshall & Mannone) so hoping Krull doesn't pull out a performance like he did against Spurs where he was brilliant.

6 – Where do you think Everton will finish now?
Am hoping 5th but nervous the Moyes will have one last dig at his old club

7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?
Between your chairman selling anyone decent and Pardew's touchline antics you've lost a lot of momentum. Think your away game against S'ton will decide which of you gets 8th

8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?
Chelsea, city, Lpool, Arsenal, us/ManU
Fulham, Norwich, cardiff

9 – Scoreline prediction? 1-1

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?
Onion, it works with virtually everything but can make you cry

Last edited:

1 – How do you think you’ll line up? Howard, Baines, Stones, Distin, Coleman, McGeady, Mirallas, McCarthy, Barry, Barkley, Lukaku
2 – How has Everton’s season gone so far? Happy? Top stuff for a new manager's first season in charge. We've inevitably hit a rough patch recently, albeit still getting results. Hoping for a strong finish to the campaign to top off a good season.
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed? McCarthy suprised me the most. I did not foresee him being so integral to our squad when we signed him, top player. Mirallas has disappointed me the most, so much talent, but hardly ever delivers this season.
4 – How good is Ross Barkley? Should he go to Brazil? And start? Boss, absolutely boss. Still a lot to learn and iron out of his game, but brings so much to the table. He should go, not that I'm @rsed about England anyway, like.
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? Barry and McCarthy for the Walton globetrotters, breaking up play is so important when we're away from home. Which also makes whoever Newcastle's centre mids are vitally important for you guys (top scouting right here).
6 – Where do you think Everton will finish now? Fifth, the injurues have cost us since new year.
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now? 9th, unless Saints turn really crap, in which case, 8th.
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Man Utd.
9 - Scoreline prediction? 3-2 Everton.
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? Any veg which is usually boss, but can also be vommit inducing.

Howard; Coleman, Distin, Stones, Baines; Barry McCarthy; Deulofeu, Osman, Mirallas; Lukaku
Great first half, fantastic infact. But felt like we've just been treading water ever since January really. We lost heavily in the derby, and arguably deserved more from Spurs and Chelsea away. But then again Cardiff, Swansea and West Ham may say similar about their similar outcome when they've faced us.
After all of this, we're still on our best home run for 23 years, and are clinging to hopes of CL.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed?~
Biggest surprise? Howard. I'm first to hold my hands up and say i thought he was past it. He still is a bid dodgy at commanding his area, but the threat of a decent competitor in Joel, and the lack of Chris Woods, has seen him be integral to us this year.

Other honourable mentions surely have to be McCarthy, Barry too. oh, and Naismith's still awful, but he's improved a lot.
Barkley had great form up to Jan, when he got injured, harsh on the lad, but he's struggled for form since coming back, but he's still young.

Biggest disappointment? Mirallas. So much potential, but never fufills. On his day, he's ridiculously good.

He'll be a Top, Top player in years to come. But he looks a little jaded of late, I don't know if that's down to fatigue, or just a lack of form since injury, but from a selfish perspective, i'd prefer him to have the summer off, and fresh for August, especially if we're in Europe. But he'll go, but i don't think he'll start, Hodgson knows his XI already, but it'll be an experience.
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
Mirallas for us. If he has a good day, then you'll be in trouble. Coleman, Lukaku, Baines, Barkley are also big dangers too.
As for Newcastle, i don't know! Who's even good for Newcastle anymore? No Remy either, so guess i'll say Cissé.

5th.
9th.

I think Liverpool will win it, but i'll never see the light of day if i say them, so.

Chelsea
City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Everton
United
-----------
Norwich
Sunderland
Cardiff

9 – Scoreline prediction?

1-2: Williamson; Lukaku, Deulofeu.

Fennel. No one knows it exists really, and when they do they're like 'What the f is a Fennel', clearly not as popular as a standard Cabbage (Spurs)

Hi lads, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. We are grateful to anyone who takes the time to answer them. The questions are:

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed?

Thanks again.

Howard, Coleman, Baines , Distin, JAgs, Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Mirallas, Deufleu, Lukaku

Brilliant, over achieving in my eyes considering we have changed everything at the club and spent very little in comparison to our rivals.

Biggest surprise- Stones
Biggest diappointment- Traore

Barkely will be brilliant in 3 years time. He is still learning and personally don't think taking him to Brazil will really benefit the team. Much better option than Cleverly though.

Everton- Lukaku/Coleman/Osman
Newcastle- De Jong / Ben Arfa / Remy?

Honestly 5th

9th

As it is now and United. Spurs to finish 7th.

Going down, think the three already there will go down.

1-2 Everton

Potato- Staple food, cheap and weathered yet still around after all these years. Not exciting but along comes Roberto Oliver with a new mash recipe that takes the world by storm.

Hi lads, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. We are grateful to anyone who takes the time to answer them. The questions are:

1 – How do you think you’ll line up? 4-2-3-1 same as last few fixtures. Stones still in for Jags. Barkley should start over Osman.
2 – How has Everton’s season gone so far? Happy? Better than anticipated but borderline disappointing after out position in December.
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Everton? Who has disappointed? McCarthy surprised. Mirallas has disappointed.
4 – How good is Ross Barkley? Should he go to Brazil? And start? Very good. Yes. No.
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? Krul. Lukaku.
6 – Where do you think Everton will finish now? 5th if form picks up. 6th if we hold steady. 7th if we drop points.
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now? 8th or 9th.
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? City, Chelsea, Suarez, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs. Palace, Fulham, Sunderland.
9 – Scoreline prediction? 3-1 toffees
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? Onion. We're boss but it usually ends in tears.

Thanks again.

Answers in quote.

4231 jagielka back if he's fit, i think he might go with delafeou and mcgeady.

2 – How has Everton’s season gone so far?
splendidly

Barry is better than i gave him credit for.
miralles just wastes to many chances

great prospect nowhere near the finished article tho. Yes. No

our midfield and your keeper

5th

8th

man city
chelsea
liverpool
arsenal
us
man ure

fulham
sunderland
cardiff

1-0 Everton

horseradish

Now then toons.
Same as swansea but hope Jags is back.
Very .Could be better but on the whole a great first season for Bobby M.
Oviedo until the leg break. Think the lads a class act .Also getting Lukaku on loan.
The Lads Magic, Everton to the bone and scouse. As to Brazil not bothered really. If he does it´ll be a experience for the lad .
All of them. But I would say Jags for us and Ben Arfa for you.
5th
8th
Man C
Chels
The Poo
Arsen
Us
Man U
Cardiff
Fulham
Sunder
0-2 the toffees

A parsnip.

Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, McGeady, Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku.

Very happy. We're playing with a far better style than we ever did under Moyes and anyone who says we're still the same clearly hasn't watched us much. Top 4 was there for us to take but we've missed the boat by not strengthening in January, AGAIN.
There's been loads of players who've shocked me with how good they've been. If I had to pick just one though it would be Oviedo. Love that lad to bits and was so happy to see him finally break though into the first team and prove his quality, such a shame about his injury. Can't wait to see him back. In terms of disappointment, the only player I really can't be bothered with anymore is Osman, he's been total pish. Saying that though, I've never rated him personally so I can't act surprised.
Fantastic player but he's still very raw, he definitely has good and bad games. His talent needs to nurtured and he needs time to grow without distraction. Knowing the Sky 4 loving press though they'll try desperately to get him sold in the summer. He should go to Brazil as a wildcard, not fair to throw him straight in the starting XI and put all that pressure on him.
For us the key player will be Lukaku, he absolutely ripped you lot to bits earlier this year and if he turns up in the mood then he'll give you nightmares again. For Newcastle the key player would now be Remy I'd say. Hot and cold player but again, if he turns up in the mood he'll cause us big problems.
We're still holding on to the faint possibility of 4th but 5th is the most likely scenario. Finishing below Spurs or Utd at this stage would be very disappointing.
Probably just sneak into the top half, 9th or 10th.
Chelsea, Liverpool (boos), City, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs. Going down will be Cardiff, Fulham and West Brom.
Us winning hopefully. Newcastle 1 Everton 2.
The type of vegetable Megan Fox eats.

Last edited:
howard coleman jags distin baines barry jmac deulofeu osman mcgeady lukaku​

very. could have so easily been a disastrous "transitional season". it still is that mind you, except we're better than before, and its transitional because I'm confident next season well be even better
James McCarthy- what a top player. Ecstatic he's ours.
Coleman's goals- hes outscoring Baines and from open play, who would've thought?
John Stones- Thank you David Moyes for the farewell present, England's top young CB
He's a good player at the moment and is only 20. He can become a superb player.
Should go to Brazil, not start unless necessary. He'll benefit from the experience.​

Lukaku, Barry and Howard for EFC
Ben Arfa and Cisse for NUFC
5th- but the fact that i can still hold real hopes of 4th is amazing.​

Above Southampton but below United/Spurs
City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, United
Fulham, Cardiff, West Brom
3-1​

Aubergine. Easy.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back