R.I.P Billy Bingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just talking about this with my dad who was very solemn about it.

He did then go and moan about our board costing us the league as Billy wanted to sign Shilton, and then he moaned about us getting beat twice by Carlisle !!
He went to the away and we got leathered 3-0 apparently !?

No idea.

Evertonians eh.
sure i read he was against paying too much for a goalkeeper. Which cost us silverware in 70s ??

sure i read he was against paying too much for a goalkeeper. Which cost us silverware in 70s ??
We had Lawson in goal , who we paid a record fee for a keeper and Davies as are keeper choice Lawson was rubbish but was the better of the two,, every man and his dog knew they were both crap and we needed a keeper of decent quality.
The rumours at the time was we had Shilton lined up but wouldn't pay what he was asking wage wise supposed to be a different of £50 to a hundred quid we have supposed to have already told Pejic he was coming when we signed him.
We would have won the league definitely that year with a good keeper.
And not signing Shilton was a disaster, we would have had a good keeper for the next decade.
We played some great footy that year.
Pair in goal were are weak piont, at that stage of watching Everton all the players were my heroes,
Those two especially Davies were the first I disliked with a passion, how he ever played for us I will never know

We had Lawson in goal , who we paid a record fee for a keeper and Davies as are keeper choice Lawson was rubbish but was the better of the two,, every man and his dog knew they were both crap and we needed a keeper of decent quality.
The rumours at the time was we had Shilton lined up but wouldn't pay what he was asking wage wise supposed to be a different of £50 to a hundred quid we have supposed to have already told Pejic he was coming when we signed him.
We would have won the league definitely that year with a good keeper.
And not signing Shilton was a disaster, we would have had a good keeper for the next decade.
We played some great footy that year.
Pair in goal were are weak piont, at that stage of watching Everton all the players were my heroes,
Those two especially Davies were the first I disliked with a passion, how he ever played for us I will never know
but likely miss out on the binman and Kendall glory days???.

Tarnished his legacy in 1993 in difficult times in Ireland but always sad to see a Blue go.

RIP.
That was very unfortunate. Jack said "up yours Billy" at the final whistle, but quickly regretted it.

He interrupted Bingham's press conference to apologise in front of the media.

I don't think Bingham apologised for his behaviour that night which was incitement to hatred at a time when the North was a tinder box. Lots of innocents had already been massacred in cold blood. His encouragement of the crowd who were chanting trick or treat was really terrible.

I wish him peace and rest in Eternal life. RIP

What an iconic photo - Billy with the man he sold HK - both were managers for us - Now both gone RIP -

1654948727823.png

A good ten years ago ago I met him when I went on a day trip to Southport with my then wife. He loved this club so very much, more so than many realise. He spoke to me for half an hour about how wonderful and supportive our fans were and how much he loved the city of Liverpool.

He was fiercely proud to be British, but he wasn’t bigoted with it. My then wife was Irish Catholic and he spoke so fondly of the Republic of Ireland and its traditions and he said his favourite Everton player of the modern era was Seamus Coleman.

What we would give these days for the top 4 finish he provided us with! One season he guided us to within 3 points of winning the title - Brian Clough’s Derby County were crowned champions that season.

An excellent player for us, too. He actually played in the 1958 World Cup! He also managed his country in two World Cups, too.

One of the most underrated British managers of all time.

R.I.P. Billy.

i watched him as a player ,and how brilliant it was to have an international player playing for us.But now we have the Brazilian center forward playing for us no one turns a hair, how times have changed.

A good ten years ago ago I met him when I went on a day trip to Southport with my then wife. He loved this club so very much, more so than many realise. He spoke to me for half an hour about how wonderful and supportive our fans were and how much he loved the city of Liverpool.

He was fiercely proud to be British, but he wasn’t bigoted with it. My then wife was Irish Catholic and he spoke so fondly of the Republic of Ireland and its traditions and he said his favourite Everton player of the modern era was Seamus Coleman.

What we would give these days for the top 4 finish he provided us with! One season he guided us to within 3 points of winning the title - Brian Clough’s Derby County were crowned champions that season.

An excellent player for us, too. He actually played in the 1958 World Cup! He also managed his country in two World Cups, too.

One of the most underrated British managers of all time.

R.I.P. Billy.

I remember 82 and 84 when the Republic was solidly behind NI and celebrated with our separated brethren in their excellent WC performances under Bingham.

This is what made 93 so hard to take or indeed to believe. I have certainly forgiven him, none of us is perfect.

RIP

Billy was a decent player for us. He was unlucky not to win the league as our manager. Of course he achieved great success as Northern Ireland manager as well.

Sadly Billys conduct that night in November 1993 really left him down, especially in light of some high profile murders in the north of Ireland during that period.

I suppose all human beings have their flaws and Billy sure had his, but i prefer to remember Billy Bingham as a man who made a decent contribution to this club, both as a player and a manager.

That was very unfortunate. Jack said "up yours Billy" at the final whistle, but quickly regretted it.

He interrupted Bingham's press conference to apologise in front of the media.

I don't think Bingham apologised for his behaviour that night which was incitement to hatred at a time when the North was a tinder box. Lots of innocents had already been massacred in cold blood. His encouragement of the crowd who were chanting trick or treat was really terrible.

I wish him peace and rest in Eternal life. RIP
The same Jack Cjarlton from Guecalmera ( spelling) ask the nob about Johnny Morrisey. Black book my arse

Status
Not open for further replies.