R.I.P Billy Bingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem to remember being 2-0 up against already relegated Carlisle Utd at HT and lost 2-3 at home , in the Paddock that day , the guy that caused the problems was also a pro cricketer can't remember his name .
You could sense we were going to blow it - that Sheffield game Currie & Wagstaff always played well against us one was a fantastic winger - we never signed either of them ..,.

Was just talking about this with my dad who was very solemn about it.

He did then go and moan about our board costing us the league as Billy wanted to sign Shilton, and then he moaned about us getting beat twice by Carlisle !!
He went to the away and we got leathered 3-0 apparently !?

No idea.

Evertonians eh.

He did then go and moan about our board costing us the league as Billy wanted to sign Shilton, and then he moaned about us getting beat twice by Carlisle !!

No idea.

Evertonians eh.
It was an Everton that moment Billy was a true blue RIP......

No idea.

Evertonians eh.
Your dad's right mate the decision not to sign Shilton (twice) were the biggest mistakes made in the 70s and probably cost us our place at the top table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back