Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s he done to warrant the job here, Or anywhere come to think of it? He got a fluke champions league win nearly 15 years ago and a fluke fa cup and won a europa league with a Chelsea team who should have been playing in the champions league anyway. Not bothered by his comments I’m bothered by his lack of success though.
Lot of flukes there, irony

I think whether we will like him or not, he won’t be coming unless paid the same salary as he is getting now. Twice as much as Klopp. Not happening so this discussion is null and void

Apart from win a Europa league in the 6 or so months he was with Chelsea and managed Real Madrid.

Thank goodness we can attract top quality managers like Howe, Moyes and Hughes so we don't have to think about him... :oops:
If you were in charge of real Madrid it would be hard not to win something. He succeeded in that .
Is it hard to accept that people want him no where near the club for a variety of reasons.

What’s he done to warrant the job here, Or anywhere come to think of it? He got a fluke champions league win nearly 15 years ago and a fluke fa cup and won a europa league with a Chelsea team who should have been playing in the champions league anyway. Not bothered by his comments I’m bothered by his lack of success though.

His lack of success? May I ask you who you would have that has been more successful? And realistic

If you were in charge of real Madrid it would be hard not to win something. He succeeded in that .
Is it hard to accept that people want him no where near the club for a variety of reasons.

It's not hard but equally it's not hard to see he is better than any other candidate currently being talked about.

Ask yourself who has the better chance of getting a tune out of our current players someone who has managed in the champions league and won a few pots or Moyes/Howe.

I'm all for weighing up others, but he is by far the better choice as it stands.

It's not hard but equally it's not hard to see he is better than any other candidate currently being talked about.

Ask yourself who has the better chance of getting a tune out of our current players someone who has managed in the champions league and won a few pots or Moyes/Howe.

I'm all for weighing up others, but he is by far the better choice as it stands.
Didnt realise there were only 3 managers in the world. Sorry . As I said before I would not have him anywhere near the club . Not just for his links to liverpool. Because I think he is gone past it and his time at Newcastle suggest to me he is .

I think you may have answered your own question.
Benitez has won trophies just about everywhere he went, if appointed he would the most successful Everton manager ever.... albeit those successes were not at Everton.

I think whether we will like him or not, he won’t be coming unless paid the same salary as he is getting now. Twice as much as Klopp. Not happening so this discussion is null and void
If Benitez expects any club in world football to match his current salary then he will be still managing in China when he turns 80.
I would expect that he would jump at the chance to come back to the Premiership.

Pochettino for one . On less money then he is on in China. If we could attract an elite manager like Rafael surely we could attract one who won nothing.
I'd also give arteta a go before him.
Marcellino before him
Laurent blanc before him
All off the top of my head
So suddenly Rafael is a great manager after all?
Poch will never consider Everton, and what makes Marcellino and Arteta better options than Rafael?
Laurent Blanc I can agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back