Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t good enough to manage Real.

‘Erm, he was and he did. Think he paid with his job for a 4-0 defeat at home to Barca and getting kicked out of a domestic cup for fielding an ineligible player

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-tenure-so-what-did-he-do-wrong-a6796261.html

Rafael Benitez has been dismissed as manager of Real Madrid - so what did he do wrong?
During his 25 game reign there were tears, a 10-2 scoreline, suspension from a cup competition and an horrendous drubbing at the hands of great rivals Barcelona - but overall the former Liverpool manager's statistics were strong.

Following a tearful unveiling as the club's new manager, Benitez got to work, managing to win 17 of the 25 games for which he was in charge - a win percentage of 68 per cent. To put that in context, the club had a win percentage of 73 per cent last season when they finished two points behind champions Barcelona.

We are a small club!

We’ve been held back for years by an inept bunch of amateurs.

I want a manager who will stand up to them & tell them what’s required to challenge at the top.

The only manager (who we could get) capable of that is Benitez.

No Rafael is not a great manager now ... if he was he would not have left Newcastle to go china .
His best spell in management was over 10 years ago. I do not think he is anywhere near that level now . Time moves on.
So I would rather try get some one who maybe a great manager now and in the future.
Like?

If somebody came along and called me an idiot it registers zero emotional response from me because I know I am not one. The accuser must therefore be wrong and I pity those who are often wrong.

If anyone calls everton a small club then they reveal that they have no in depth or historical knowledge of football and I pity them in the same way.

Hatred isn't the answer.

If Benitez has since learned and grown up a bit I would consider him - so long as he said something derogatory which was truthfully and factually correct about the rs. That shouldn't be too hard.

This.

No Rafael is not a great manager now ... if he was he would not have left Newcastle to go china .
His best spell in management was over 10 years ago. I do not think he is anywhere near that level now . Time moves on.
So I would rather try get some one who maybe a great manager now and in the future.
He left Newcastle because they wouldn't give him money to progress the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back