Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you said you wanted successful managers. Poch, Marcellino and Blanc were sacked in their last jobs, and Arteta have never managed in the Premier League. Keep up.
Show me where I used the word successful. I didnt you melt .
If Rafael was so great his last 3 jobs were sacked by real after 6 months , Newcastle and in china . Seems like chairmen of clubs think he is no longer great.

Claiming he was good enough to manage Real is claiming Hodgson was good enough to manage Liverpool, Moyes good enough to manage United, Silva good enough to manage Everton, the list goes on and on and on.
It’s really not though. The other managers you’ve mentioned were clearly out of their depth and have never won anything. Maybe Madrid was too big for Benítez, with all the egos and their crazy President that sacks managers after winning European Cups.

I never called him flavour of the month.
Marcello Bielsa: 64 years old. Haven't won anything since 2004, lasted two days at Lazio and 13 games at Lille and have absolutely no experience in the Premier League. Much better candidate than Rafael yeah.
Misread your post, thought you were lumping him in the "flavour of the month" category.

And as I stated, Bielsa isn't someone I'd want, so "not better than Benitez" doesn't mean much

It’s really not though. The other managers you’ve mentioned were clearly out of their depth and have never won anything. Maybe Madrid was too big for Benítez, with all the egos and their crazy President that sacks managers after winning European Cups.

Or he just failed like all the managers listed above and was never actually good enough for the job.

Benitez's style of football is the polar opposite of what's been getting results in recent years.

For what he'd command in wages, it wouldn't be worth swallowing such a bitter pill and backing an incredibly unlikeable Liverpool fan.

Last edited:
Or he just failed like all the managers listed above and was never actually good enough for the job.

??????? There’s no doubting he failed at Madrid, 25 games isn’t enough though! But to lump him in with the other failures you mention, that have never won any major trophies. Thats just a little bit silly.

??????? There’s no doubting he failed at Madrid, 25 games isn’t enough though! But to lump him in with the other failures you mention, that have never won any major trophies. Thats just a little bit silly.

How am I “lumping him in” with them? He wasn’t good enough for Real Madrid, you made the implication that he was good enough just because they employed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back