Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL, Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Gomes, Gbamin and Kean.

Just a reminder that this includes:

- a player almost universally hated by the fanbase, notorious for standing off and pointing.
- A player now univerally accepted as being broken beyond repair.
- A player who has fewer appearances for Everton than we've had managers in the time since he's been here, and;
- A player who has looked hopelessly out of sorts for us and desperate to move

:hayee:

- a player almost universally hated by the fanbase, notorious for standing off and pointing.
- A player who has fewer appearances for Everton than we've had managers in the time since he's been here, and;

£200m though

I’ve seen some marvellous defending of the kopite, but this by far the best yet.

A goal conceded for every first team not on the pitch is the new low bar; almost as bad the “if we finish 6th from bottom it’s been a success”
It wasn’t though was it? Swap Richy and DCL for Gray and Townsend and that could be any line up we put out last season

But they still cost a fortune to assemble and like it it not. they make up our first team.

I’m not going to fret over a pre season game. The Southampton game is a different matter.

I’m also not going to blame a managed of a few weeks for the problems with our squad. If the fans chose to blame him. that’s their problem. Most blues I speak to are willing to give him the same chance as all our other manager. I think even the recent poll on here bore that out.

Come November if it is a complete car crash, we will all be onto him.

Mina was there. We haven't had Kean for a year. Coleman, iwobi and Keane have been part of the first team all last season. He was missing 2 players from our first 11 last season, that's it. Don't twist the narrative and get your head out Benitez' backside.

Oh and gomes was missing as well but that's not a massive loss thinking about his performances last season.

The damage was done before Mina got on the pitch man - Keane has the back 4 in tatters everytime he plays Utd he's terrified of them.

Utd finished 2nd in the league, were at home and have spent over £120 million this window.

We had no striker on the pitch, our best wide player missing, best CB not starting and a bunch of players who needed turfing out this summer still in the team with a £1.5 million spend.

But of course Eddie Howe would have won that game 2-0.

The damage was done before Mina got on the pitch man - Keane has the back 4 in tatters everytime he plays Utd he's terrified of them.

Utd finished 2nd in the league, were at home and have spent over £120 million this window.

We had no striker on the pitch, our best wide player missing, best CB not starting and a bunch of players who needed turfing out this summer still in the team with a £1.5 million spend.

But you claimed we were missing mina. We weren't. And Keane has been our first choice cb for years, so can't even use that as a reason.

That wasn't their first 11 either, probably further from their first 11 than ours actually was. And we drew 3:3 with them at their place last season with the players you talk about needing turfed out.

They have spent 120m but which of those players were in the team?

And you obsession with Eddie howe is laughable.

But you claimed we were missing mina. We weren't. And Keane has been our first choice cb for years, so can't even use that as a reason.

That wasn't their first 11 either, probably further from their first 11 than ours actually was. And we drew 3:3 with them at their place last season with the players you talk about needing turfed out.

This is the worst thing, either Howe or Potter is his defence all the time……that and his blatant lies about fans wanting Pulis

Keane wasn't at fault for any of the Manc goals yesterday, by the way, boss defending from Mina for their 4th.

Out of curiosity how many of those played??

We got rolled by their B team

Yep, you missed that one too @jinkyali

Why not just stop making stuff up just to fabricate support for Benitez? It's really weird.

Benitez had a near full strength squad yesterday and we were 3-0 in 30 mins to a B team, strolling about United.
It's madness.

I get people backing Benitez. It's not for me (and my opinion on it won't alter anything anyway)but some people are bending over backwards and making stuff up to defend him which is a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.