Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you value Sigurdsson, Gomes, Gbamin and Kean at?
Siggy, 31 years old, well past his best, and proving it with his recent performances.
Gomes, not much better.
Gbamin, what sort of money is a player worth who just missed 2 years through injury?
Kean, we pretty much let it be known he's available to buy and the only interest is PSG on loan.
If you don’t want to take what we paid go them then fine. Richarlison and DCL are worth about £50 - £60m each, we wanted £40m for Kean, but let’s call if £30 and Gbamin say £15, and Gomes say £10.

I’ll forget Siggg, that’s £150m

I’m not really arguing absolute value though, I was making a point that a lot of players were missing from the squad. We need them.

If we were to go through the season without them (or a replacement) we will get relegated. They are part of a squad.

Because Richarlison gives one about plying for Brazil but stopped giving a dime about Everton since Silva left.

We need to face up to the reality that the majority of footballers out there at the moment do not care about playing for Everton. It’s not been their dream when they were growing up. At best we can hope for a bit of professional pride from them or wanting to play up to get a move away. They all want to play for Chelsea Liverpool City and United now.

We should be doing what we did under Moyes, finding players with a point to prove who want to fight for Everton because we gave them an opportunity and they wanted to repay us. We’re bringing in player after player though who couldn’t give two stuffs about the club and either want a retirement pay check, to sit on the bench and get paid more than where they were before, or want guaranteed first team football regardless of their performance so they can sack us off in a few years.
He really, really didn't.

He didn't play well last season, but he's hardly ever looked like he doesn't care. In fact, one of his best runs of form in terms of all-round play came in Ancelotti's first spell here before covid?

Good players have poor runs. It's how they bounce back that matters. Richarlison needs to bounce back.

Being Evertonians, we like to moan about the tosh we have, but also want our best players to leave as soon as possible too.

I'm not saying Keane is our best cb though. I'm stating thay he has been considered by every manager he has played under as our first choice cb. It's not as if mina is consistent or solid either.

I'm also not entirely blaming benitez for us being battered 4 nil by a man United team that is further from their first 11 than ours was. And I can't be bothered going through all the reasons about why benitez isn't the right person to sort it out yet again.

You are so far up his backside now, you literally have no climb down anymore. You ignore all the points that prove you wrong and go after anything that is slightly subjective instead.

Because the season hasn't even started ffs!!!

Give the bloke a chance its embarassing when we've lest 1 out of 5 pre season games and have been shocking for the past 7 seasons now.

We have one of those games yesterday in us we get a good tonking from one of the top 6 every year because we have a slow, undisciplined squad of largely average players but you want the manager gone before he even has chance to rebuild it!

I don’t care for Benitez, but find it almost laughable that people are using performances from this lot to stick the knives in. This was just a revert to type performance, nothing less, nothing more, and it comes from years of overpaying for substandard players. I wonder how many were continuously backing Carlo, crap performance after crap performance? I know I was, but I regret it now. At least try to focus on the reasons why we are where we are right now, I for one know that has jack-all to do with Benitez. There are also some wanting this club to lose matches, never thought I’d see people actually say that. Shame.

He really, really didn't.

He didn't play well last season, but he's hardly ever looked like he doesn't care. In fact, one of his best runs of form in terms of all-round play came in Ancelotti's first spell here before covid?

Good players have poor runs. It's how they bounce back that matters. Richarlison needs to bounce back.

Being Evertonians, we like to moan about the tosh we have, but also want our best players to leave as soon as possible too.

I don’t want him to leave. I want him to play like he can do. I don’t think he ever really hit it off with Carlo, and last season in particular he was very very poor to the point where when he got the ball on the left hand side the end result was he’d either fall over or give it away and his shooting on his left foot was woeful.

I don’t want him to leave. I want him to play like he can do. I don’t think he ever really hit it off with Carlo, and last season in particular he was very very poor to the point where when he got the ball on the left hand side the end result was he’d either fall over or give it away and his shooting on his left foot was woeful.

I don't think there's any evidence he didn't hit it off with Carlo - their relationship was and is apparently very good, and Carlo would take Richarlison at Madrid (but Perez understandably wants Mbappe).

Was he ever played fully right under Carlo? probably not, bar that bit at the start of last season in the 4-3-3

I wonder if we'll hear over the tannoy just before kick - off next week "and lets give a big Goodison welcome to Rafael Benitez"
I have this image of the whole home crowd turning on him in a few weeks and then the chants of “fat Spanish waiter” ringing out from every stand loud and clear.
The camera panning onto him and then onto Kenwright as Moshiri won’t be there.

Will be absolute scenes.

I have this image of the whole home crowd turning on him in a few weeks and then the chants of “fat Spanish waiter” ringing out from every stand loud and clear.
The camera panning onto him and then onto Kenwright as Moshiri won’t be there.

Will be absolute scenes.

It'll be kicking - off every home game with Everton fans kicking the crap out of each other because the happy clappers will be offended by the "fat Spanish waiter"chants. @ForeverBlue92 will be the happy clapper Ultra's leader.

I don’t care for Benitez, but find it almost laughable that people are using performances from this lot to stick the knives in. This was just a revert to type performance, nothing less, nothing more, and it comes from years of overpaying for substandard players. I wonder how many were continuously backing Carlo, crap performance after crap performance? I know I was, but I regret it now. At least try to focus on the reasons why we are where we are right now, I for one know that has jack-all to do with Benitez. There are also some wanting this club to lose matches, never thought I’d see people actually say that. Shame.
The same people who'd have you believe they are the *real* or *better* Evertonians want the team to get beat.

That's the mentality of them.

They should take their bedsheet banner mentality and go and find another football club. They are not Everton supporters if they want the team to lose every game they play.

Just as I feared RB is a bang average manager who is of the negative school, and football has moved on. Not much is changing my mind so far. We needed someone more progressive and forward thinking for me.This coupled with a very mixed bag and imbalanced squad makes us in for a bumpy ride. I hope we can have a decent season of course but have no expectations.

The same people who'd have you believe they are the *real* or *better* Evertonians want the team to get beat.

They should take their bedsheet banner mentality and go and find another football club. They are not Everton supporters if they want the team to lose every game they play.
You are such a hypocrite. You haven’t supported Everton for years.

You can not like a manager and want him sacked but also want everton to win. Yes, the two can't work hand in hand in terms of both being achieved but that doesn't mean you can't want both.

Really don't get why "fans" that are happy to have a kopite think they re better than other fans and those that don't agree aren't really everton fans and should find another club. Proper egotistical view.

The only shameful thing I am seeing is the way a handful of so called Evertonians are backing this fool to the aboslute hilt. Fortunately we wont have to wait long to get him removed, as yesterdays events showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.