Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be strengthened but not by much, time will tell if Gray and Townsend are squad additions or for the starting 11
I think that was the plan - but only if we got players out the door.

Now it looks like they'll be first team regulars.

• Sad
Reactions: JLW
Thats because when he signed none of us knew he would only be given £1.5 million to spend.

Anything above 12th is acceptable based on the current squad in his first season lets be honest.
he got the same team carlo had... if thats true he must inherit CARLOs duties, so anithing less than europe is failure, do not bring the money issue, he has the same players plus some more, so in all fairness , he SHOULD aim for europe.

he got the same team carlo had... if thats true he must inherit CARLOs duties, so anithing less than europe is failure, do not bring the money issue, he has the same players plus some more, so in all fairness , he SHOULD aim for europe.

Thats only applicable if every other side has stood still but they haven't.

Villa have strengthened regardless of losing Grealish

Spurs/Leicester/Utd/Chelsea have all strengthened

Wolves have a new manager and Jimenez back

The only club who could be worse off would be WHU being in Europe.

Perhaps Bulbous Benny should have brought some players in to the strengthen the team then?

it is aplicable before the kickoff, you DO NOT know if said players will end up being better than the ones they replaced, they could be injured/ underperform/silva could be a complete mess..etc etc ... so it is safe to asume benitez still SHOULD aim for europe...

same players+ a few more= same demands from the coach, it is simple, Why would you demand less from your coach? why is it a softer measure for benitez than it was for carlo? (btw carlo failed, but europa was his goal).

as you , i think benitez deserves a fair shot, i recognize theres complete galaxies of hate on this forums towards benitez BUT it is also true that he doesnt need a shorter measure stick... the 12th or even 14th places suggested around here are disgusting , unfair and mediocre to ANY selfrespected coach... he has the same players + a lil more , he should also aim for europe AND SHOUT IT be VOCAL about it. hey may fall short or not, but it is a statement to your players and fan base.. aiming for 14th , 12 is plain ridiculous...

it is aplicable before the kickoff, you DO NOT know if said players will end up being better than the ones they replaced, they could be injured/ underperform/silva could be a complete mess..etc etc ... so it is safe to asume benitez still SHOULD aim for europe...

same players+ a few more= same demands from the coach, it is simple, Why would you demand less from your coach? why is it a softer measure for benitez than it was for carlo? (btw carlo failed, but europa was his goal).

as you , i think benitez deserves a fair shot, i recognize theres complete galaxies of hate on this forums towards benitez BUT it is also true that he doesnt need a shorter measure stick... the 12th or even 14th places suggested around here are disgusting , unfair and mediocre to ANY selfrespected coach... he has the same players + a lil more , he should also aim for europe AND SHOUT IT be VOCAL about it. hey may fall short or not, but it is a statement to your players and fan base.. aiming for 14th , 12 is plain ridiculous...
No one aims to be 14th best.

The gymnastics going on to give him or others every conceivable chance to have his tenure described as a success is frankly at best depressing .

We'd need to be Walter Smith bad to suddenly drop to 14th.
5jdj6f.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back