Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
William Edward Barclay was secretary manager of Everton, and when John Houlding was told to get stuffed he was the first secretary manager of the rs. But Rafael Benitez is the first actual manager, to manage both of the cities football clubs. Im still not happy, but sure he's here now. All we can do is hope he's a success here. Im sure after a few wins i'll change my avatar as well.lol I mean like i was kissing Ancelottis arse, and he walked out on us. Benitez has a tough audience to win over. It will be interesting to see how he fares out on that front.

Our fans are known for being level-headed and restrained. Whilst some might be unhappy that Rafael Benitez has chosen to manage our club I’m sure even the naysayers will afford him the support and patience that he will need from us fans if he is to one day guide us into Europe or guide us to a trophy.

Everton fans are a sensible bunch. They know that turning on our manager would be counterproductive and would only help our rivals.

Anyone who wants to be at our club is welcome as far as I’m concerned, especially someone as successful as him.

As an aside all the reds I know are fuming!

There is a lot to be admired about a man his sixties taking on such a tough job. He doesn't need the cash so it shows he likes working and has the inner belief in himself that he can turn around opinions with results.

Rafael

(This is a test I thought I was mad but why does it autocorrect to Rafael if you type out "R a f a"? What's that about?)

Hated Benitez more than anyone in the football world other than klopp. I'm not going to cheer him on the first day at Goodison but certainly won't boo him either. Must be honest watching the videos of Chelsea fans giving him crap a few years back being their manager I don't think was right especially on his first game but they are a prized bunch of spoilt posh prats. His appointment doesn't sit right with me but I wouldn't have been happy with Nuno Santos either. Poor choices out there. We shall wait and see.....

The reds I know have mixed feelings, some can't understand his seeming desperation to join us, others relaxed about it - I mean c'mon we are not winning the CL under him are we? So we're no threat to his legacy there, and others think it's hilarious (agent Rafael).

Anyway, not long to wait now, Rafael has a decent set of fixtures to ease him into the job. Probably by about mid-October (yes it will be THAT quick!) we'll have a good idea whether this experiment has legs, or whether Moshiri will already be looking for appointment number 6. My concern is he nearly always attracts enemies at every club he's been at, also the dreadful, turgid football his teams play.

I would welcome you to come to a Tennessee/Alabama or Tennessee/Georgia game. I would tell you what I think of them and their attitudes but I know I'll get 5-10 points and I've already gotten enough slaps lately. To be honest that kind of tribalism is probably more popular in collegiate sports here since there are alumni allegiances and whatnot.
You in Tennessee sir?

Rafael

(This is a test I thought I was mad but why does it autocorrect to Rafael if you type out "R a f a"? What's that about?)

I think @GrandOldTeam has changed the code so that we dont mimick the RS fans of calling him by his nickname.

For me, calling him that is skin crawling and like nails in a blackboard.

As a fanbase weve always called managers by their surnames anyway, aside from a select few.

Status
Not open for further replies.