2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly didn't help himself - but he has some ego if he thinks he can turn water into wine with this lot. I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is, and I think he is a very good manager. But the zonal stuff is ideology and the selection of Gbamin shooting oneself in the foot.

Reality bites. Far more likely he hops off to Newcastle now because, frankly, he's bitten off more than he (or anybody, really) can chew prior to January.

Nobody is expecting water into wine though.

This squad, without Townsend and Gray and as people loved to point out a crocked James instead, was 4th in March.

Not saying we're a top-four side, we are nowhere near, but we aren't this bad.

Ancelotti - i gave him stick at the end of the season because he couldn't figure out how we went from being solid to being solid and being able to attack. That was, IMO, down to a lack of work on the training pitch. But he did have us solid.

Under Benitez we have neither.

He's done well so far overall.

1) 10th in the league so far, equals last season and with no budget

2) No Mina, DCL, Doucoure

Get everyone back and we can fight for Europe. Key injuries and it's mid table again.
The injuries, arrests, and anti-vaxxers have murdered us, but we knew our squad was paper thin.

Do one you moron you think Michael Keane and Mason Holgate will be defensively solid under Eddie Howe or whichever other idiot gets this job on the cheap?

WAKE UP these players are crap year after year, manager after manager and you're fooled again.

Give Keane another contract he may one day grow a backbone and not make Josh King look like prime Luis Suarez.

Shut up with this.

He won’t be sacked. But anyone could see ten minutes in today that we needed to change shape.

I find it baffling he didn’t change it till we went two nil down when we had countless warnings even before the goals.

Do one you moron you think Michael Keane and Mason Holgate will be defensively solid under Eddie Howe or whichever other idiot gets this job on the cheap?

WAKE UP these players are crap year after year, manager after manager and you're fooled again.

Give Keane another contract he may one day grow a backbone and not make Josh King look like prime Luis Suarez.
Both played in the games last season when we didn’t concede away at Leicester and home to Chelsea and Arsenal when we won 3 on the bounce. So maybe set them up right and you might have a bit of a chance.

Yes they are garbage, but so is this one trick pony manager who you are getting turgid for.

He’s an ok manager, but the Everton job seems an impossible on, that’s why I believe it’s time to give Dunc ago. We did show fight when he had his stint in charge.

He had done nothing in the last 5 years to suggest he was at all the right man to take on the job.

And that's before you throw in the fact that half of the fanbase didn't like him because of the Liverpool factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back