2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance.

I am looking at that derby on December 1st.

He has to win two games between now and then for his job to be 'safe'. And I think if that derby goes very badly, at Goodison, then he goes regardless.

We've won 1 game in 7, out of this run...

Villa (A)
QPR (A)
Norwich (H)
Man Utd (A)
West Ham (H)
Watford (H)
Wolves (A)

We've scored 7 goals

We've conceded 14.
I'm not disagreeing on the form, just cant see us sacking him, I really cant, it's far too soon and Moshiri only cares about the ground.

We're funding a £500+ million stadium and on verge of a points deduction / fine for breaking Profit and Loss Sustainability.

We aint spending £12+ million to sack this fella and his staff off then paying compensation to bring another fella in.

So who's Left?

An out of work manager like Howe, Nuno, Lampard, Hughes - average managers who wont do anything with this bunch of misfits.

Stop living in FIFA21 and wake up the clubs a poisoned chalice no one like Potter or Ten Hag etc will touch us like a bargepole even if we could afford it.
Your references are shocking!

"Stop living in Fifa 21?" What does that even mean?? Managers don't ever change club in Fifa! It doesn't even make sense!

You are right in one instance though, we certainly aint sacking him. Moshiri has backed himself into a corner here.

It's good you are up for the fight as it's going to be like this all season.

No chance.

I am looking at that derby on December 1st.

He has to win two games between now and then for his job to be 'safe'. And I think if that derby goes very badly, at Goodison, then he goes regardless.

We've won 1 game in 7, out of this run...

Villa (A)
QPR (A)
Norwich (H)
Man Utd (A)
West Ham (H)
Watford (H)
Wolves (A)

We've scored 7 goals

We've conceded 14.

We cant sack him even if we wanted to.

What don't people understand about that.

Sacking managers is expenditure which affects the books and we are on the edge of breaking FFP as it is.

Suck it up and we go again next season - this was a dead rubber soon as our key players dropped like flies and Brands left us short...again.

Got it badly wrong again today, Wolves are a painfully average side and we made them look like world beaters in the first half because of the way we were setup. He won't last, he's not good enough and he needs to go but that can be said about the majority of the squad today. The fact that he couldn't see that Iwobi was not the answer until the 75th minute and that Gray was too busy trying to do skill rather than have an end product until right at the end is on him as a manager. I've said numerous times on here that I don't rate Gordon at all and everyone has the same opinion of Delph but it truly is shocking when those 2 come on and look like the only ones that are remotely arsed.

Coleman wanted a fight all game, Godfrey & Holgate were a nightmare, Keane is honestly our worst defender if the ball isn't coming literally straight at him and he physically cannot get out the way then he'll stop it other than that he can't do anything, Allan was trying to do the work of about 4 positions and the forwards were too interested in trying to do something coy rather than just getting the ball into the box.

I'm not a footballer nor am I a football manager, these lads supposedly have great tactical awareness and intelligence for the game, I'd tell you straight out I'd know how to set out any team to comfortably beat us at the minute, doesn't matter if I had Champions League level players, mid-table, relegation or Championship quality. I'd be incredibly confident that I could take any team in training for a week, set them out and beat us. That's shocking when some fat lad on his couch can say that believably, now just imagine what that's like for Premier League level managers, it's easy.

We honestly are the worst team in the league and have been for some time, you can literally go back to when Martinez was here almost everything positive we've done has come from individual brilliance, we haven't played as a team for a single full season since Moyes. That's depressing. Imagine being the like of Richarlison and Dom stuck playing their football when they're arguably at their make or break stages for moving to the next level knowing you have to individually drag these lot out of the dirt so many times. You see it with Kane at Spurs on a higher level and now look at them, the difference is they drop out of fighting for the Champions League, we drop into a relegation fight.

The only decision that should've been made in the summer was Potter or Moyes, arguably two of the most unpopular picks and yet we'd be in far better shape with them. Now both of them would be insane to even listen to us. We're a disgrace of a club top to bottom and sometime whether it's this season, next season or 5 years time the penny will drop and we'll drop too, everyone has their best game against us, we have a squad full of players that I honestly think wouldn't get into any other team in the league, many wouldn't get into the top Championship sides either.

We're in huge trouble and at this point we've exhausted all the options left for us, can't buy players, can't get a decent manager, can't get anything out of the current squad, honestly survive this season and sack off the lot, manager, staff, players and board. Obviously you wouldn't sack the players but just get them out by whatever means necessary. Richarlison will probably go and you couldn't blame him, use his fee to attempt to rebuild with young hungry players like Arsenal have done this season in hopes that we can actually at least have a team to be proud of.

We do that or else we're on a slow plodding march towards relegation very soon and every Evertonian can see it.

Some poor decision lately. But for me it's the playing panel. Some complete rubbish build up over the years there. Some lads past it. Others not capable of playing with a football.

Another manager will not change this.

These same players were 4th in March, minus Townsend and Gray.
Minus Sigurdsson and James - our two most creative players. We also did not lose DCL for the bulk of last season, like we have this. The James loss is no excuse, though, as Benitez rid himself of him. We simply cannot do without DCL, Mina, and Doucoure out together for extended periods while also losing Richarlison and Digne for good measure. This crisis is far worse than anything last term. Put simply, the manager needs to do way better but he'll need better players if he really wants to progress because most of these have cost four managers their jobs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.