2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We played well v Brighton, Leeds and Man Utd, though in every game we have played this season, as soon as we concede we look liable to concede more. That might be on the players first and foremost but when it becomes a trend then it's on the manager to sort out.

Brighton played into our hands and United were crap.
I think we controlled Brighton, counter attacked well vs Leeds but they controlled it and we played well vs man United. Our other wins have been off like 10 minute spells when we have gone behind.and townsend or gray have dragged us into it with blammos. Norwich are the worst team to have possibly played in the league and they still had more of the ball than us.

Only so much can be put onto the players before it is down to tactics.

Nothing improves until he goes. How people cant see this is truly baffling.

The status quo is inept defending, slow lethargic football, diabolical zonal marking, division, disunity, fans squabbling amongst each other, an environment where success will never be achieved.

This is not Everton. This is humiliation. Gives us our club and a little bit of hope back. Thats all I'm asking - a little shred of hope of better days. I'm embarrassed to support this team.

We've seen that game before this season. We started badly and gave opponents lots of opportunities and by some miracle they don't take them and we're only a goal down, Benitez realises it was a mistake and changes it for the second half and people hail him a mastermind. See Burnley and Southampton. Today, Wolves got two but still missed loads of chances.

Why does he get it so badly wrong at the start of games? And no, you can't just push it all onto the players.

We cant sack him even if we wanted to.

What don't people understand about that.

Sacking managers is expenditure which affects the books and we are on the edge of breaking FFP as it is.

Suck it up and we go again next season - this was a dead rubber soon as our key players dropped like flies and Brands left us short...again.
But we have the James money now. That was the whole point in selling him wasn't it as it gives us money to spend in jan.....

We had fortune on our side that game. We should have been down to 10 at 0-0 (Konsa Red) and Bailey had a magic 20 min cameo. I fear for both our futures in the PL with our current managers
What do you think of Bunedia? Every time I watch him he's garbage. We would probably have beaten you if he started against us. You got ripped off by Norwich.

Minus Sigurdsson and James - our two most creative players. We also did not lose DCL for the bulk of last season, like we have this. The James loss is no excuse, though, as Benitez rid himself of him. We simply cannot do without DCL, Mina, and Doucoure out together for extended periods while also losing Richarlison and Digne for good measure. This crisis is far worse than anything last term. Put simply, the manager needs to do way better but he'll need better players if he really wants to progress because most of these have cost four managers their jobs now.
Don't start that.

We were told by all the Benitez fan boys that James was the devil and nobody seemed to care that Sigurdsson wasn't in the squad.

Digne was our third-most creative player yet Benitez has insisted he be more defensive, exposing the weakest part of his game.

We were without Allan, DCL, Doucoure, Mina, Richarlison, Digne, James for large swathes of last season too.

In fact, in December, we had Allan, James, Digne all out at once and Richarlison and Dom picked up injuries and we were second at Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.