2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s have this right lads, there’s no quick fix here. The manager is one of many, many problems at this club. The problems start with the man at the top, and they go right through every single facet of it, through every single player down to academy level. This manager will be gone soon, and if you’re expecting us to magically turn it around then I have some very distressing news for you.

Spot on. Except I think Benitez will last longer than many think he will.

he can't be blamed from us conceding from a set peice, next game after losing a game purely on set peices, he's every bit to blame as the pathetic players at this club
It was the players who didn’t stick to what their job was in the set piece. Just pushed around. I don’t like zonal but it’s defo not going to work if the players get pushed about

You can want the manager sacked all you want, the absolute cancer that is the players will still be here and they will down tools just like they have under everyone else, These group of players are the most coward soulless mercenaries I've seen bar like 1-3, Got to be one of the most disliked group of Everton players I've ever witnessed.

Not saying Benitez is blameless but he certainly isn't the sole problem.
Just nuke this club off planet earth please.
This is probably one of the dumbest arguments I have ever seen yet gets repeated ad infinitum.

We haven't had the same players for four or five years and a succession of managers. If you look at the terrible run we are on Rondon, Townsend and Gray have strongly featured in it. Last season we had Ancelotti's signings doing the same.

The players aren't the common denominator it is the outdated negative tactics of the managers we keep appointing. The game has moved on we haven't.

Is that it. I really cannot remember us being ever great at set pieces to be honest. Still think it is down to the players to have the nous to deal with them but only Keane Mina and DCL are decent at dealing against set pieces. Maybe the Goalie could help out a bit instead of being a Tim Howard coward at crosses.

This squad, last season, let in 7 (I think) set piece goals all season.

This same squad, after only 10 games, have let in 7 set piece goals.

I'm pro Rafael but if this is the response to losing to Watford then they're not doing what they're told or the plan was abysmal in the first place. Either way we've had over a week to prepare and this is the performance we get. I've seen some [Poor language removed] football in my time and this is as bad as I've seen. No pride in their work whatsoever. These players have form for letting the club down with spineless, gutless, shithouse performances. The whole club needs gutting.

Do one you moron you think Michael Keane and Mason Holgate will be defensively solid under Eddie Howe or whichever other idiot gets this job on the cheap?

WAKE UP these players are crap year after year, manager after manager and you're fooled again.

Give Keane another contract he may one day grow a backbone and not make Josh King look like prime Luis Suarez.
Cut out the personal insults or you'll be taking a holiday !!!!!!!

That was Steve Walsh man.

And yes Alladyce would have been crap to watch but it wouldn't have been any worse than giving £200 million to Silva/Brands to whizz up the wall, hiring Carlo on a record contract, give him £70 million to largely waste all to finish 8th, 12th & 10th in the years that followed.

We need to get this idealism out of our heads - we need just 1-2 seasons of steady recruitment and prudent spending - get the crap out the squad and we go again.

This summer was the start of the rebuild/reset - to sack Benitez, appoint an Eddie Howe, hand him £50+ million to lash and be back to square one when he's pumped for having us in the bottom 6 with the same cowardly players isn't the answer.

Benitez see's his 2 years out and regardless of where we finish we just need to see the back of the likes of Toshun, Holgate, Keane, Coleman, Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Gbamin, Delph with a few decent players brought in has to be the aim.
It was Sam Allardyce and Steve Walsh.

I can't be arsed now mate, you won't change. Fair enough, let's agree to disagree on this one.

Nobody is blaming Benitez for all of our issues, that'd be stupid. but he's a poor, poor manager.

Do one you moron you think Michael Keane and Mason Holgate will be defensively solid under Eddie Howe or whichever other idiot gets this job on the cheap?

WAKE UP these players are crap year after year, manager after manager and you're fooled again.

Give Keane another contract he may one day grow a backbone and not make Josh King look like prime Luis Suarez.
Yeeeers he did it

Status
Not open for further replies.