2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is the plan offered under Benitez though?

The best people can say is he is offering us midtable stability. It is very hard to get passionate about that plan.

He's not a long term plan is he? We should have got someone in who was.

Add in that the results are not lining up with the promises of stability and defensive solidity and there is no reason anyone can actually come up with to justify keeping him other than advocating the fear of the unknown over who comes and replaces him.

1. We don't know yet; it's 12 games in.

2. Nobody has suggested midtable stability is the aim. It shouldn't be; it should be bare minimum Europa League qualification over the next 3-4 years once FFP allows us to reset.

3. There's no reason he can't be a long term plan. Indeed, I expect he is - I believe that was the plan with Ancelotti and is the same with Benitez.

4. Injuries and no money spent - that can't just be glossed over; it's a huge reason for where we're at this season.

Kidding myself how dave?

Which matches are we winning out of Brentford, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Palace, and Chelsea?

By my count he needs at least 2 wins out of those to get us over 20 points halfway through the season. He's gone by Christmas if this form continues as we all expect it to do so.
You're kidding yourself if you dont think benitez doesn;t get to spend something in January and then see how it goes from there. That is the VERY LEAST he'll get.

Stop baying for blood. It's absolutley 'kin outrageous the behaviour of some here toward a man saddled with what he's having to struggle with - and with no help from the shower of excrement above him.

This problem goes back as far as the koeman era. Then Sam signs Tosun and Walcott. I actually thought the 1st season under Silva we where going in the right direction But we had an abortion of a summer window when we lost Gueye and Zouma, Got lost in the Zaha debacle and ended up panic buying Iwobi. That coupled with Ghamins injury and we have slowly gone backwards from here. Ancelotti was short termist and to a degree so is Benitez. Our academy is still been run by Unsworth and I'm not blaming him personally but this area also needs a huge shake up and Brands has to take some responsibility for this. The director of football role has been sidelined as far as I can see since the arrival of Ancellotti. We are no closer to solving these problems but i think we need some patience here, take stock and see what direction we are going by the end of this season. The chaos of management appointments is not doing the club any favours.

The frenzy for blood is nauseating. It's like Night of the Living Dead.

We're 11th after/during the biggest injury crisis for generations.

This isn't a Sky club. We aren't guaranteed a top place. Midtable after the injuries we've had is as good as it gets for Everton after 6 years of Moshiri and his sidekick Brandtrastrophe.
Thats also 2 points off the bottom 5. With fixtures to come before xmas that we tend to not even turn up in.
This lot better show up at brentford. Or we're in the sh!t.

No because we didn't have 4-5 of our best players constantly injured or suspended.

Pretty big bloody difference. The difference between a side that can nick a win with a moment of individual quality and a side that has no individual quality.

Hell, Ancelotti won games where we were absolutely shocking last season, a fair few of them. There's no difference beyond the playing staff on the pitch, and just as I didn't blame Ancelotti for the bunch of tossers on the field I'm not blaming Benitez because it is as plain as the nose on my face that he's not the issue at Everton. No manager would be.

'"Individual quality"

Whats the correlation between that and our players standing 3 yards + off all game and not wanting to make a tackle?

Whats that got to do with our set pieces and lack of structure?

Im not talking about beating City. Im talking about no desire to try to compete.

'"Individual quality"

Whats the correlation between that and our players standing 3 yards + off all game and not wanting to make a tackle?

Whats that got to do with our set pieces and lack of structure?

Im not talking about beating City. Im talking about no desire to try to compete.
You have noticed the set piece thing he has changed the way we defend, no more zone marking? he identified that issue and did something about it

You have noticed the set piece thing he has changed the way we defend, no more zone marking? he identified that issue and did something about it

Of course theres zonal marking. Its now a mix of man to man and zonal.

Just as Ancelotti was a mix under a different structure.

Did you see any benefit yesterday or did the players look lost and confused?

Still wondering why no one backing the manager has explained why the players downed tools yesterday?

We are paying top wages to Benitez, 8 mil a year apparently.

There aren't many jobs paying more than ours.

We attracted Carlo Ancelotti here, we can attract a good manager who isn't named Benitez here.
How many managers in Europe do you reckon get paid even half of what benitez is on? It's such a lie to say we couldn't have got anyone other than him due to ffp.

You're kidding yourself if you dont think benitez doesn;t get to spend something in January and then see how it goes from there. That is the VERY LEAST he'll get.

Stop baying for blood. It's absolutley 'kin outrageous the behaviour of some here toward a man saddled with what he's having to struggle with - and with no help from the shower of excrement above him.

I’ve not seen a single coherent plan for a way forward if we fired Benitez. No name for who they want in, no ideas for which players/formations they should play instead, no plans for how we solve the problems that are impacting on Benitez just like managers before him.

No just a load of spoilt brat partisan nonsense wanting to see another manager fired. There’s absolutely nothing of substance other than this vague dream that some unknown young manager is going to come to us and suddenly get these useless players playing like prime Barca. Unfortunately all the parallels they normally shout for like Bielsa, Frank, and Potter are doing just as bad. That’s why they’ve not got a single name.

Everyone admitted this was one of the hardest jobs in the premier league when Ancelotti left us in the lurch. Yet because Benitez once managed Liverpool (a team he clearly couldn’t care less about now by the very fact he took this job) it means they’ve given him no time whatsoever. Let him get on with the job ffs.

How many managers in Europe do you reckon get paid even half of what benitez is on? It's such a lie to say we couldn't have got anyone other than him due to ffp.
Any manager worth anything aren't in it for the money, they are in it to win things and one look at our squad you can see why the decent ones won't touch us.

I’ve not seen a single coherent plan for a way forward if we fired Benitez. No name for who they want in, no ideas for which players/formations they should play instead, no plans for how we solve the problems that are impacting on Benitez just like managers before him.

No just a load of spoilt brat partisan nonsense wanting to see another manager fired. There’s absolutely nothing of substance other than this vague dream that some unknown young manager is going to come to us and suddenly get these useless players playing like prime Barca. Unfortunately all the parallels they normally shout for like Bielsa, Frank, and Potter are doing just as bad. That’s why they’ve not got a single name.

Everyone admitted this was one of the hardest jobs in the premier league when Ancelotti left us in the lurch. Yet because Benitez once managed Liverpool (a team he clearly couldn’t care less about now by the very fact he took this job) it means they’ve given him no time whatsoever. Let him get on with the job ffs.
Are you just blind to the numerous suggestions of managers that have been made? Or are you purposefully ignoring them to be sensationalist in your approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.